TT aero position - numb nut$

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
tundragumski said:
Done my first time trial (25 miles) on a normal road bike and found my clip-on aero bars very uncomfortable to the point where I did about 22 miles using the drops instead.

I've just ordered a new TT saddle (Specialized tritip) but was pondering about the seatpost. I've heard that some Tri people are using Thomson layback posts but having them pointing forward instead to effectively steepen the seattube angle.

Anyone tried this? I've checked on the Thomson website and they say that it is fine to do this with their layback posts.

Any other tips to get comfortable in the aero position?

(I have no plans (or cash) to buy a TT bike)

I've been looking at a similar idea myself now I'm moving towards doing triathlons (first one on Sunday :smile:) and have been training on my road bike with clip on tri bars and have experienced the pitfalls of a non TT/tri saddle. Cycling is bar far my strongest discipline and would like to do some TTs. I like the idea of being able to change the saddle and seat post relatively easily and quickly with a second tri specific saddle and seat post. If I go for a professional bike setup offering "multiple ride positions" this may play into it too.

I'd be very interested to see how you get on if you try this.

Top Bottom