TT Bike BB Trouble. 73mm BB Shell?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

I have recently acquired a 2015 Dassi TT frame. I've been slowly building it up until getting to the BB. The previous owner had it from new and claims nothing has been changed

Heres the confusion, the BB shell inside the frame is 73mm. This makes fitting a BB and Chainset very difficult.

What BB/Chainset combo can i use for TTs that fit in a 73mm BB shell? And if the worst comes to worst, whats the easiest way to trim it down to a 68mm

Notes:
Its not a stuck spacer at the end, the shell is 100% 73mm
I am idealy fitting a Vision Trimax Carbon Chainset, 24mm Axle

Thanks

Attachments

• received_462373015104620.jpeg
    received_462373015104620.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 4

iluvmybike

Über Member
The shell width doesn't matter to your crankset - a standard crankset will fit both 68mm and 73mm bb. You cannot 'trim down' your frame from a 73mm to a 68mm! The only difference will be the number of spacers you might fit. The photo shows you have screw in bottom bracket cups. I don't know anything about your chosen crankset so you will need to check what it requires - if it is 24mm spindle width then that is the same as Shimano spindle widths

Ajax Bay

Guru
:welcome:
As Ming says. If your Vision crankset is for a road bike (expecting a 68mm BB shell) then the 24mm spindle (attached to the right side crank spider) will not be long enough (obv).

Top Bottom