TT bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
For twat - see pointy helmet.
Get a TT bike & wear your normal lid.

Which brand/model id it your looking at ??

I have seen the new 2014 Cube Aerium (Pro) I think.
Looks cool.

would never buy one though.

I think TT is the only part of pro tv racing I fall asleep to.
Apart from at London Games & the odd Grand Tour.

A pointy helmet is one of the largest and most cost effective time saving there is, seems rather absurd to spend loads of money on a TT bike then throw away the easiest 30 seconds you can get.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Rob, empty your wallet and get in the wind tunnel.
Or empty your wallet & give it too me -
I would quite like some Fast Forward Aero clinchers.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
A pointy helmet is one of the largest and most cost effective time saving there is, seems rather absurd to spend loads of money on a TT bike then throw away the easiest 30 seconds you can get.
I don't disagree -
I don't even know TT racing really -
Just playing the Devil to illicit a response in a Devils advocate kinda way & from the view point of aesthetics.
:evil:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
For twat - see pointy helmet.
Get a TT bike & wear your normal lid.

Which brand/model is it your looking at ??

I have seen the new 2014 Cube Aerium (Pro) I think.
Looks cool.

would never buy one though.

I think TT is the only part of pro tv racing I fall asleep to.
Apart from at London Games & the odd Grand Tour.

Giant Trinity 0 but I think I am a long way off a pointy hat saving me seconds :thumbsup: You need to earn the pointy hat !

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Giant Trinity 0 but I think I am a long way off a pointy hat saving me seconds :thumbsup: You need to earn the pointy hat !
On the serious side (now that I've had my fun)
Recently read a glowing review of the new 2014 Felt AR series Aero bike in a mag - so either Cyclist or Cycling Plus magazine.
They look Real Cool but a kind of half way house between standard road & TT.
This is about as far as I would swing in the TT direction.
:thumbsup:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

One thing you might want to consider and lots of people don't consider this (because many people seem to have some daft idea that you need to be a pro to benefit from all the gear), the time savings for a slower rider from a piece of equipment can be larger than for a faster rider. The reason being that as speed increases, the power needed to go faster becomes increasingly large, therefore unit power savings have lesser of an effect on speed.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Hmmmmm a bit like putting the effort in going up hill is more effective than it is down hill . I have been doing my homework :thumbsup:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android

Only in the correct position, outside this it can increase drag. This is why some teams like SKY have moved away from the pointy helmet

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Only in the correct position, outside this it can increase drag. This is why some teams like SKY have moved away from the pointy helmet

True, but that comes under position and choosing the right helmet!

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Im not sure if this helps you on my positioning . Ive just nipped in from the workshop .....

011_zpsb16b2385.jpg

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
There is a lot you could do. There is a lot many people could try to fine tune their position (as I have said before, my TT position is piss poor for a time trialist, partly due to equipment limitations and partly a lack of effort/knowledge) but in your case you are sat bolt upright with the arm pad in the middle of your forearm, it's a quick fix, pushing the extension forward will improve handling and stretch you out, thus getting you lower.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ok , just shifted them forward . Do I have to do the balance the phone race against the timer and balance on the bike thing again ? :laugh: I will see if I can get some help with the pic taking .

Top Bottom