TT saddle advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello there. Self explanatory title really. I'm looking for a saddle for the TT/Triathlon bike I'm building.

2 years ago I went to my LBS and had my sit bones measured to find a comfy saddle for my gravel bike. Given the width of my sit bones is 122mm, the relaxed geometry of my bike and style of my riding, the guy at the LBS suggested a specialized power saddle 155mm wide. It's been a great saddle, rode plenty rides and a few 100+km with no issue whatsoever. In addition to that, I bought a Giant TCR a few months ago, more aggressive riding position, narrower saddle. I kept the stock saddle as it's been good too. So based on my very limited experience, the more aggressive the riding position and the narrower the saddle I can get away with.

I've read somewhere on the internet that since TT position is different and you are sitting more towards the nose of the saddle, a narrower saddle may actually be more comfortable. Also I've seen saddles with short nose, no nose at all, ISM split saddles....there's a ton of choice.

I could go back to the LBS and see what they suggest this time, which I'll probably do in a couple of weekends when I'm back in town, but until then I'd like to hear your advice.

Cheers :okay:

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I was never much good at time trialing, I think I lacked the required focus. Depending on the distance of course but I would say that for 10 miles or 25 you might not (or should not!) notice what you are sitting on too much? So I would say use that stock one.

I use a fizik tempo argo for my TT bike- I have the argo range across all my bikes. Not TT specific, but it works for me

Thanks, the fizik argo has a very similar shape to the specialized power. I guess one thing I can do, whenever I get to that stage is try the swap the specialized comp from my gravel to my tt bike and try it out and if it works on the tt bike too, I'll do what you do and have the same saddle for ALL my bikes

raleighnut

Legendary Member

mattobrien

Guru
I have used two saddle ps for time trialling, an ISM PS 1.0 and I replaced that with a Dash Stage G2 narrow. I use the Dash on two TT bikes. It is brilliant on the road, but can be a little more challenging on the turbo being more fixed in position. I will be keeping the saddle for my next TT bike if I do ever change.

Dash saddles aren’t available in the UK so I bought directly from the US and paid the import duties.

Wooger

I've read somewhere on the internet that since TT position is different and you are sitting more towards the nose of the saddle, a narrower saddle may actually be more comfortable. Also I've seen saddles with short nose, no nose at all, ISM split saddles....there's a ton of choice.
Something ISM split is good, I like the PRO saddles in general and they have one for TT. THe main thing for TT saddles, if you're riding in anything UCI related is that the saddle setback rule means you want a short nose saddle just to get the saddle in a decent postion.

I ended up with a Fizik Tritone mainly because the one in the colour scheme of my bike was reduced but I landed lucky its comfortable for me too.

Top Bottom