TTTT! (Time Trial Tandem Trike)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Couple of friends of mine have just had this built, they already hold a few tandem and tandem trike TT records and have decided to really go for it this summer.

(yes, we have pointed out the stoker's seating arrangement looks very uncomfortable and the lack of pedals will limit the power output)

Sharky

Guru
Very nice. I'd be happy riding that.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I might worry about how those wheels cope with sideways forces. The end-to-End record is ripe for updating.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Wowsers, that looks very interesting. At the speed they will be travelling I would have thought some rear brakes might have been of use.

Anthony.R.Brown

Couple of friends of mine have just had this built, they already hold a few tandem and tandem trike TT records and have decided to really go for it this summer.

View attachment 572264

(yes, we have pointed out the stoker's seating arrangement looks very uncomfortable and the lack of pedals will limit the power output)

I think you need to ditch that design and go for the Comfort model :smile:

T4tomo

Guru
looks awesome, given how reputedly twitchy trikes are to ride, I wouldnt be happy on it, better left to the experts at the speeds that should be capable of...

Trikes aren't twitchy.
What catches people out is they react the opposite way to bikes due to changes of your CoG.
If you lean right on a bike and then it turns right.
But if you lean right on a trike then it tries to turn left.
Plus on a bike you tend to lean then steer enough to correct the lean.
On a trike you need to get used to steering first then leaning to correct your balance.
Once that's second nature then trikes are easy to ride.

Luck ........... ^_^

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A tandem with equally matched riders are like a rocket and capable of good speeds and that one looks awesome

Never ridden a trike so can't comment but it looks good

Anthony.R.Brown

looks awesome, given how reputedly twitchy trikes are to ride, I wouldnt be happy on it, better left to the experts at the speeds that should be capable of...

So what I want to know is...are all Tandem 3 wheel Trikes allowed ? any configuration ? like 2 wheels at the back or front ?
If they are then I am using the one below,it must be a Record breaker! :smile:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
So what I want to know is...are all Tandem 3 wheel Trikes allowed ? any configuration ? like 2 wheels at the back or front ?
If they are then I am using the one below,it must be a Record breaker! :smile:
Standard CCT regs apply, so no recumbents. Not sure about two wheels at the front.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I just listened to a second story of the front wheel of a tandem trike collapsing at speed on a corner. Pretty gory.

Top Bottom