Tubeless insanity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I’ve ran Tubeless for 10 years with no problems. Changed brand of tire as there was a good deal on Ribble. I just couldn’t get the last bit on. Tried keeping it centred. The sealant was acting as a lube. Levers did nothing but crash my knuckles into spokes losing skin. Absolutely ridiculous. The LBS will charge £10 per wheel. I can’t accept defeat, either try another way or sell them.
IMG_1709.jpeg

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I don't do tubeless...... but surely the sealant goes in after the tyre is on the rim?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
An idea which might work... Try standing on the edge of the tyre and using your body weight to force it on?

I don't have any really tight tyres but I will try that technique with an averagely tight one on a spare wheel and see how I get on. I'll report back in a few minutes time...

A lad at work going to lend me some. Trouble is out on the road I could be screwed if need to put a tube in. Tubeless is insanity unless you have a support vehicle.

You’ve ran tubeless for 10 years without an issue. You changed tyre brands and now have an issue.

Some wheel/tyre combinations can be very tight, and you have found one such case, so think about going back to your old brand you used for all those years.

Tubeless without a support vehicle is not insanity. IMO Fitting a tyre you know you cannot remove and refit whilst out and about is.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
And you are doing this inside - is that the lounge carpet. Wait till it explodes and you get jizz all over. Too much messing for me. Tubes all day.

I think the lounge carpet is dirtier than than an exploding tyre to be honest - what sort a sty do you live in @Milzy

13 rider

Guru
A lad at work going to lend me some. Trouble is out on the road I could be screwed if need to put a tube in. Tubeless is insanity unless you have a support vehicle.
Like most tyres once you've got it on the rim it will stretch and may never be that difficult to fit again ,Question in the 10 years how many times have you needed to put a tube in ? . I have done 20,000 miles on my tubeless bike and have never needed a tube yet

Top Bottom