Tubeless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

First ride tubeless today , to be honest I never really noticed any difference while riding at all.
2 to 3 inches of snow at Llandegla made it more fun , it was a real good ride today.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I presume the lower pressures come about , because the tyre is basically clipped to the rim of the wheel so no chance of it rolling off around a berm, but I am only guessing here ,

A berm?!?!?!!

D2E6038E-5353-4DE4-9BB0-4D095F7918A7-396-0000003377BECA7D_tmp.jpg

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

When my tyres where converted , the sealant actually filled up all my old (thorn) holes , and I could see where they and even count them. If going tubless actually stops these flats it's a no brainier.

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

Up date on Tubless , I don't feel any faster or slower , I can drop pressure down to under 4 PSI no problem at all . The ride I did Saturday I would have had 3 punctures ( bit unlucky as that's not the norm) , so it's fair to say for general riding I would say go Tubless.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Stamping on a glass bottle. What could possibly go wrong :rolleyes:
Or holding a bottle in your hand and trying to smash it against a hard surface, with potential bonus points for getting shards of glass in your eyes? :whistle:

Yes, but I've been following this thread with interest because I'm thinking of going tubeless on the road.
@Sea of vapours swears by the tubeless tyres on his road bike. His arguments convince me - if I ever buy a new 'best bike' then I will go tubeless on that.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You don't need a new 'best bike', Colin, you just need new wheels, with or without a new bike to go with them ^_^ And yes, I'm unequivocally pleased that I switched to tubeless and would most certainly not go back to tubes.
True, but I bought a nice pair of non-tubeless Campagnolo Neutron wheels for my Cannondale (current best bike) not too long ago. I am not going to buy more new wheels for that bike unless I damage those or when I eventually wear them out.

Also - I'd like disk brakes so that would mean buying a new bike. It will have to wait until I can afford one.

iandg

Legendary Member
Interesting thread - just read through the whole thing. Did the Dirty User9609 last week end on WTB Nanos at 3 bar. I flatted once (in the first 5 miles) which knocked my confidence in the tyres/tubes early on. Put some more pressure in the rear at the first feed (up to 4 bars) but that just made the bike uncomfortable. There definitely were a lot of tubes being changed along the route and I'm now seriously considering giving tubeless a try.

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

I did a ride over formby sand hills the other week, When I got back the car , I had 3 wet patches where the fluid had sealed a puncture , tubeless saved me 3 stops of at least 20 min each , as my fat bike tyres are horrendous to get off.

Top Bottom