Tuck bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

Just read that Tuck Bikes have a folder out with wait for it folding wheels700 cc wheels has anyone got any info on them?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
See I thought Tuck bikes, cool a person on a bike that sells sweets!

ExBrit

Über Member
I just watched the fold video. If it wasn't sped up, the fold would take five minutes and the result is still huge (compared to Brompton) and ungainly with the chain ring and disk brake rotor exposed, just waiting to gouge your leg. Mind you, the oversized stand and rollers look useful. I would love to know more about those collapsing wheels. $1800 on Kickstarter. Take a look.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Neat idea but the folded bike is an awkward shape and together with the price won't attract buyers away from Brompton or other cheaper folders.

Nibor

Bewildered
Small wheels are hard to pedal ,I think they are on a winner there.
Actually smaller wheels are easier to spin up

ExBrit

Über Member
I pedal the pedals and let the wheels take care of themselves. I'm not convinced that larger wheels are important unless you're off-road. I think their biggest problem is that there are already folding bikes with similar folded form-factors that cost less. I also don't like solid foam tires - the ones I tried felt horrible. At their price-point I want a better fold. But they did get me looking at disk brakes for the Brompton. Crikey!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's debatable. Do you think that's the only thing that influences buyers? Those solid tyres aren't going to be too comfortable. Weight is not mentioned anywhere I could see.

There's also licence for some wag with a yellow marker to make it into to something rather rude :excl:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Biker man

That's debatable. Do you think that's the only thing that influences buyers? Those solid tyres aren't going to be too comfortable. Weight is not mentioned anywhere I could see.
No that's true price influencers buyers unless you have more money than sense

Just seen the video. Stash it under your desk ?? How high is their desk ?

Very bulky. Very slow 'fold'.

It's not going to be a success.

Top Bottom