Tuck bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have rode a small wheel bike no pleasure in it just hard work so no thanks
So if I went and picked up a BSO from the local supermarket for £100 or so - I'd be able to write all bikes off as hard work.

There's a reason Bromptons are so popular. That monstrosity will never be.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

So if I went and picked up a BSO from the local supermarket for £100 or so - I'd be able to write all bikes off as hard work.

There's a reason Bromptons are Ifso popular. That monstrosity will never be.
if you like them fair enough but not for me.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I can't say i subscribe to these folding wheels. It makes no sense. QR wheels and maybe a cable tie to attach the wheels on the side of the folding frame for a fraction of the cost and a fraction of the time it takes to fold these wheels seems better if space is at such a premium that you'd consider blowing £1800 on this and a 12 month wait...

*EDIT* Its $1800 but still...

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Folding wheels, just defeats the laws of physics in what actually makes a strong but light structure.

And I thought the thread was about Tuk Tuks, far more interesting. Hey biker dude, put your hard earned against the kick starter and then tell us.

Foam tyres too, horrid.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just seen the video. Stash it under your desk ?? How high is their desk ?

Very bulky. Very slow 'fold'.

It's not going to be a success.

It's why fold ride Brommies - they fold in seconds and you can wheel them folded.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Things that concern me also is spares. It is something that i consider when buying most things. Are spares obtainable? If so, Are they affordable? Those inspector gadget wheels don't look cheap to replace and looks you would need to replace the entire wheel assembly should any part of it become damaged. Be interesting to know how replacement wheel sections are obtained and replaced. Being a kickstarter doesn't give me any confidence in the matter or the availability of parts going forward...

Top Bottom