Turbo Chafe!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
I got an Elite Volare Mag for my birthday on Friday (I know, just before Xmas!!) and have had a couple of 45 min spins on it and all seems good apart from one thing. I appear to be suffering from chafe and we all know where! Now, I`ve done centuries out on the road and not suffered at all and can understand there`s a lot more sweat around using a turbo.

Has anyone else had this problem or am I doing something wrong. I did use some cream before I started but maybe didnt apply enough - onwards and upwards lol

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Try taking the turbo outside or in a garage with the door open. :biggrin:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I got an Elite Volare Mag for my birthday on Friday (I know, just before Xmas!!) and have had a couple of 45 min spins on it and all seems good apart from one thing. I appear to be suffering from chafe and we all know where! Now, I`ve done centuries out on the road and not suffered at all and can understand there`s a lot more sweat around using a turbo.

Has anyone else had this problem or am I doing something wrong. I did use some cream before I started but maybe didnt apply enough - onwards and upwards lol
It's fairly normal for this to happen at first.
On the road, you constantly move your weight around, ease up off the saddle, get off at lights and junctions. Even when sitting still, you freewheel for some of the time. All this helps to prevent a build up of pressure and soreness down below.
On the the turbo, you sit in one position and pedal all the time. It's a different stress. You get no relief from it, and your body isn't used to it.
Lots of cream and perseverance and you'll soon toughen up :thumbsup:

siadwell

Guru
Have you checked that the front wheel is at the correct height? Otherwise your position on the saddle may be slightly different to when you're out on the road.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's the sweat. It happened to me once on C2C when I allowed myself to get sweaty. Removing a layer and stopping to dry off solved it.

jay clock

Massive member
It's fairly normal for this to happen at first.
On the road, you constantly move your weight around, ease up off the saddle, get off at lights and junctions. Even when sitting still, you freewheel for some of the time. All this helps to prevent a build up of pressure and soreness down below.
On the the turbo, you sit in one position and pedal all the time. It's a different stress. You get no relief from it, and your body isn't used to it.
Lots of cream and perseverance and you'll soon toughen up :thumbsup:
+1 for this.

Top Bottom