Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
I bought the pics from the ToC in the end. By searching around a bit, I got over 70 images in the end which I thought was good value at £22. I've knocked them into a vid in case anyone is interested

View: https://youtu.be/Eua0BdMqmZY

Excellent compilation Martin, something worthwhile to keep. :okay:

Btw did anyone of your group stop at any point?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Btw did anyone of your group stop at any point?

I think I morphed between no group, to a couple of groups to pretty much the final group. None in the final group stopped as far as I could tell, but others probably did. I recognised a local kit and was riding close to the guy for quite a while but saw on Strava that he stopped for water. His Ride title was " ToC Gran Fondo... Savage winds! Had to stop to top up water... was either that or die.... ‍♂️" Most of the other titles I've seen said Savage or brutal and others mentioned cramp!

CXRAndy

Guru
I think I morphed between no group, to a couple of groups to pretty much the final group. None in the final group stopped as far as I could tell, but others probably did. I recognised a local kit and was riding close to the guy for quite a while but saw on Strava that he stopped for water. His Ride title was " ToC Gran Fondo... Savage winds! Had to stop to top up water... was either that or die.... ‍♂️" Most of the other titles I've seen said Savage or brutal and others mentioned cramp!

You seem physiologically to be able to cope far better than most with heat. That works very well for you in these multi hour hard paced events. :notworthy:

I simply cannot do that, well I dont think I could. I found once over 21c I tend not perform as well. Its noticeable when climbing up Teide, where once the temp drops back into the teens I find my performance begins to improve, I feel alot more comfortable

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I'm glad it was not just me who got his tail handed to him by the wind :sad:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I have such a short memory for pain, I've just signed up for a 100km partly off-road event near home on Sunday. Most people - including the friend I'm doing it with - will be on cross/gravel bikes, but I don't have one so I'll be doing it on my mountain bike just for some added challenge :headshake:.

I'll either massively regret the decision, or I'll be hooked and searching for a cross bike to buy come Monday...
You're not far from me .... if you want to borrow my SS you're welcome :biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I bought this a few weeks back. Only ridden a few times , no Strava on , just bouncing about in local parks. Great fun. Have planned a South Downs way off road trip for mid July and really looking forward to it.
EDE07176-6D01-40E6-A9F7-B525A3C426AB.jpeg

bridgy

Legendary Member
That's a great title for that guys Strava entry! It perfectly sums up my ride too - and many others I'm sure!

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
79273E66-8F7F-4EE2-8D76-E70FDA06CED5.png

Photo courtesy of @berty bassett. Who’s grin I recognise from numerous mountain climbs as he is beginning to stalk his prey!

I’ve thought about Sunday’s ride a few times over the last few days (I did warn you I have a tendency to overthink things...). Where it went wrong for me / us, who cramped / overcooked it. It’s too late at night to bore you all with a long post now.... But long story short I think we were doomed after the slow rolling start. As I said on the day to a couple of you guys. I think if we do this again next year we should defo sign up to one of the races.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Tommy and the rest of you get in and take advantage of the early bird discount. Once committed we can get on with sorting a new CC kit- 11 months should be enough, right? :biggrin:

Top Bottom