Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
We could just go with jerseys with a unique design and our nicknames on the back. Or think of a club name.
I would say if we include cyclechat in the name we're 1: giving away advertising for free (unless we ask them for a contribution :smile:) and 2. What if we migrate to a different forum for some unforeseen reason (probably a long shot but still...)

Also I know I may seem like a bit of a tart when it comes to gear. But let's put quality and fit up there with price. I'm not saying we need pro level skin suits but if it doesn't feel like an itchy bin bag that would be good!

Last edited:

kipster

Guru
To be fair a lot of club kit is pretty good, just steer clear of the cheap Chinese stuff

bobinski

Legendary Member
Quality and fit please and understated cool. Too much to ask?
I bought the zsun groups top and it is an excellent bit of kit. Will check who made it but pretty sure one of the regular makers of club kit.

bridgy

Legendary Member
We could just go with jerseys with a unique design and our nicknames on the back. Or think of a club name.
I would say if we include cyclechat in the name we're 1: giving away advertising for free (unless we ask them for a contribution :smile:) and 2. What if we migrate to a different forum for some unforeseen reason (probably a long shot but still...)

Also I know I may seem like a bit of a tart when it comes to gear. But let's put quality and fit up there with price. I'm not saying we need pro level skin suits but if it doesn't feel like an itchy bin bag that would be good!
Tart!

I do agree though! If we do this, there's a balance to be struck though as not everyone will want to spend hundreds on a bespoke jersey. Also, some bespoke kit suppliers have a minimum order of 15 or more - not sure what the demand would be but I'm guessing around 10-ish or so initially?

Re: quality - hard to be sure unless we were to use one of the more expensive suppliers like Endura or Castelli, but I think I agree with kipster that most are of a pretty reasonable quality if you avoid the really cheap Chinese imports. The company that did the event at Brands Hatch I mentioned got bespoke kit from Scimitar which cost £35 per jersey and the quality was perfectly acceptable.

I like "vr.cc" as a name - maybe with a fan or a keyboard as the logo!

Have a play about with the design tool on a couple of the links I put up earlier - https://www.cliftonclothing.com/summer-cycling-jersey/customise# is particularly customizeable - we'll have a design competition!

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
This thread reminds me of the time we were doing the team handicap races. 'Team not red' decided to start a private conversation so we could discuss the finer details of our race tactics. I think it took about half a page if that, before we started talking about our kit design and I don't think we ever really got past it :laugh:

And then the tactics we did manage coble together always fell apart at the start line because Adam was always running late for one reason or another ^_^. Good times...

Anyways... sorry for derailing the thread from the important issues at hand! Anyone thought about socks?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I just did a quick mock up from here https://www.cliftonclothing.com/summer-cycling-jersey/customise#
vrcc JACKET.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom