Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Del,
Loads of great advice there. A few of the guys I am going with have done it a few times. Like you they must have enjoyed it!
30mm tubeless g ones on wide internal rim wheels at about 70psi for my 72 kilo’s seems the order of the day. I hope to be at 70 kilos by then.

Norry1

Legendary Member
It would be great to have you on board mate. As I said to Carl there’s no deadline. Hopefully you can make it work. Everytine I think about this trip I just think what a good laugh we’re all going to have along the way.

Any update on this? I'm hoping to sort my summer plans in the next week or so. Am I right you are currently looking at 3 riding days?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Any update on this? I'm hoping to sort my summer plans in the next week or so. Am I right you are currently looking at 3 riding days?

Hi Martin. We’ve booked the accommodation and made travel plans. We’re going from 2 July to 6 July (Hopefully 3 full days riding with a short warm up ride the first day) . There are 2 places still available at the place we’re staying at. After that we have the option of more accommodation nearby that the hosts can arrange.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
We get back from Greece, wait for it.... the day before TOC... xx(

Always up for summer meet ups generally though. I’m also thinking about getting away around late September / October if anyone is free then let me know.

https://www.county-cycles.com/thedouble-devil

Double Devil 2020 - has this been discussed yet? It wouldn't be right if it hasn't - it is a bit of a tradition round here! It's the weekend before the TOC though so that's not ideal...

Attachments

• 05B12BC1-BC27-454C-8A76-0A3F0F838A22.jpeg
    05B12BC1-BC27-454C-8A76-0A3F0F838A22.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 14

bridgy

Legendary Member
@Norry1 when you did the TOC Gran Fondo last year, did the different age groups start separately in different groups or was it a free for all mixed age group start?

Norry1

Legendary Member
@Norry1 when you did the TOC Gran Fondo last year, did the different age groups start separately in different groups or was it a free for all mixed age group start?

I'm pretty certain it was a mixed age group start. I know I spent most of my ride with people of all age groups. I'm still not sure if that was an advantage timewise or if going in the Age-Group race would have been faster.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm pretty certain it was a mixed age group start. I know I spent most of my ride with people of all age groups. I'm still not sure if that was an advantage timewise or if going in the Age-Group race would have been faster.
OK thanks. Itlooks like they're planning to set people off in age groups this year anyway so I was just wondering how it worked and therefore how easy it might be to still ride with mates who are in different age categories. Might be done differently this year to last year though so I guess we'll have to wait and see

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
OK thanks. Itlooks like they're planning to set people off in age groups this year anyway so I was just wondering how it worked and therefore how easy it might be to still ride with mates who are in different age categories. Might be done differently this year to last year though so I guess we'll have to wait and see
Given the chaos last year I can't see how they can control who goes when to be fair Paul. I think we'll be fine all starting at the same time (when I say 'we', I mean I stand next to you guys until we're off, then I'll see you again at the finish :laugh: 5 hours later)

bridgy

Legendary Member
Given the chaos last year I can't see how they can control who goes when to be fair Paul. I think we'll be fine all starting at the same time (when I say 'we', I mean I stand next to you guys until we're off, then I'll see you again at the finish :laugh: 5 hours later)
Remember I'm talking about the Gran Fondo though Carl, not the Sportive we did last time - which will just be a mass start as usual I'm sure

Top Bottom