Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
You're OK, it's only 70+ men (and women) that ride the shorter 70m distance - you'll be 100 miles with the rest of us! And look at it this way, you'll be the youngster in your age group so in theroy more chance of qualifying for the world champs in your age cat (whether you intend to go, or just for bragging rights) :okay:
Oh sorry - you are right. There's alot of mentions of 60 and 70 in that sentence and I'm easily confused! Sorry @Del C I got that wrong
Quite right.

How can I be expected to ride that far at my age!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
This is going to hurt!

I'm entered for the Grand Fondo. Because of the age cut-off date, I've ended up in the 65-69 age group, even though I was 63 when I entered in June last year. Naturally, this p***ed me off!

I think I even end up riding a shorter distance, 70 miles if I remember correctly.

I'm thinking I probably need to turn up in a pair of slippers and with a registered carer to get me round the course! :laugh:
I'm a carer and been trained to use all manner of equipment .... if you do a Bob and fall off your bike because your little old legs can't balance any more, I can use a hoist to place you back in the saddle :okay:

I'm pretty certain it was a mixed age group start. I know I spent most of my ride with people of all age groups. I'm still not sure if that was an advantage timewise or if going in the Age-Group race would have been faster.

Attachments

• B8D01325-5803-4CA8-8664-B7ACCFEC7854.jpeg
    B8D01325-5803-4CA8-8664-B7ACCFEC7854.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 6
  • C3FA179D-08E1-48F6-A8F7-3944EDE0185A.jpeg
    C3FA179D-08E1-48F6-A8F7-3944EDE0185A.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 6

LBHIFI

Veteran
Yeah probably - we'll see.

Can we have a re-cap on who is riding TOC this year and in which event? I've been scrolling back trying to find out but getting bored with that! So fill in the gaps please guys:

Bridgy - Gran fondo, 45-49 age cat
@<Tommy> - Gran Fondo, (40-44 age cat??)
@Whorty - Gran Fondo 50-54 age cat
@Norry1 - Gran Fondo (age cat??)
@Del C - Gran Fondo(age cat??)
@LBHIFI - TT??

Anyone else?
TT (signed up as Lars Brandt age cat 55-59)

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I looked at it. I may give that a go rather than the ToC I have booked for due to my leg status, scan is due on next Tues, op hopefully shortly after.
Keeping fingers crossed for you 🤞

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:cry:

Doesn't look like they were able to get a good scan today. The contrast material did not show up very well and I'll probably be called in for another scan :cursing::cursing::cursing:

I hope the next appointment is a lot quicker than this one. :angry:
Just grab a pencil and sketch out what you think it should look like. I hope this doesn’t push back your surgery

Top Bottom