Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I have the same bike, but a different year. Mine is lime green - I think that’s 2016? Can’t remember!

I just love their versatility of it. I take it on XC MTB trails a few times a year but it spends most of its life on a turbo with some road rides (including loaded with panniers) thrown in.

There is very little it can’t do! The price you pay for the versatility is the wheels (they’re robust so heavy) - if it’ll only be used on the road and you’re looking to do an 11spd upgrade then new road wheels would be a good way forward I think.
They don't have the money for an upgrade. I'm just working with parts I already have.

I'll see what I can do with the parts I have, including an 11spd wheel set.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I have the same bike, but a different year. Mine is lime green - I think that’s 2016? Can’t remember!

I just love their versatility of it. I take it on XC MTB trails a few times a year but it spends most of its life on a turbo with some road rides (including loaded with panniers) thrown in.

There is very little it can’t do! The price you pay for the versatility is the wheels (they’re robust so heavy) - if it’ll only be used on the road and you’re looking to do an 11spd upgrade then new road wheels would be a good way forward I think.

I had a CaadX 105 2012 and it was brilliant. I did Ridelondon on it a couple of times and climbed various French mountains as well as taking it on trails at home etc.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I had a CaadX 105 2012 and it was brilliant. I did Ridelondon on it a couple of times and climbed various French mountains as well as taking it on trails at home etc.
IIRC didn't @bobinski have a caad bike as well. Liked it too if I recall.

Still looking for wheels. Realised last night the 11spd set I have is thru axel not qr :blush:

I could use the GT Grade wheelset if I want but that would leave the Cube as the only drop bar bike I have. It's not designed for off tarmac riding and the nuroad gravel ebike (cube level 2) frame is not available currently on its own :sad:.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Hello chaps and errr other chaps?... always seems a bit short on female participants around here. Hopefully that changes one day.

Anyways I digress...

Tour of the Surrey hills ride! - 30th of August

Del C
Berty Bassett
Bobinski
Burning legs
Norry 1
Tommy
Kipster (?)

So far at least. This post probably leaves relatively short notice So sorry about that. But it’s an open invite to anyone who fancies joining us. The pace will be steady not a race of course, and we’ll wait for each other at the tops of hills if needs be.

Plans are still slightly vague. But an early ish start. I believe starting with a go at box hill, and then doing a loop from there.

Hello chaps and errr other chaps?... always seems a bit short on female participants around here. Hopefully that changes one day.

Anyways I digress...

Del C
Berty Bassett
Bobinski
Burning legs
Norry 1
Tommy
Kipster (?)

So far at least. This post probably leaves relatively short notice So sorry about that. But it’s an open invite to anyone who fancies joining us. The pace will be steady not a race of course, and we’ll wait for each other at the tops of hills if needs be.

Plans are still slightly vague. But an early ish start. I believe starting with a go at box hill, and then doing a loop from there.
Any chance somebody could put some plywood on top of the subway tracks from U.S. so I could ride there without getting my passport checked ? Or anybody know where I can get a fake Macedonian passport ?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Not this year Tommy, no longer regular cyclist at the moment.

Too many things currently happening in my life to dedicate exercise too.

I hope to get back into pedalling sometime in the autumn:okay:

Next time bud. And I mean that! Theres always a next time and we need you on board. Sure bob has a go pro too, but no one’s interested in looking at a sideways view from a hedge 😄

bobinski

Legendary Member
Next time bud. . Sure bob has a go pro too, but no one’s interested in looking at a sideways view from a hedge 😄

what makes you think I am going to lend it to you? 😛

bridgy

Legendary Member

Anyways I digress...

Del C
Berty Bassett
Bobinski
Burning legs
Norry 1
Tommy
Kipster (?)

Would love to join you and have a ride up the real Box Hill, but it's probably a bit too far for me for a day trip unfortunately. I will have to arrange a Somerset version some time with a climb of Cheddar Gorge etc.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm pretty much out for all real life riding I'm afraid. Rach needs 24/7 care now and I struggle to get out very often or for long. Would love to see pictures and videos though - have some great rides guy. Stay safe and hope the weather is on your side :okay:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Would love to join you and have a ride up the real Box Hill, but it's probably a bit too far for me for a day trip unfortunately. I will have to arrange a Somerset version some time with a climb of Cheddar Gorge etc.

We have a flat in central London that Adam and kipster stayed in on our way to the alps a couple of years back. Unfortunately it’s let it out at the moment, but generally we keep it empty for when friends or family come to town. I’m thinking if you fancied a crack at ride London or if we had another meet up next year down south we could work something out.

Top Bottom