Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
This looks like a really good event for a beginner. It is a 4-5h drive to Southampton though... Still, tempting.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
8am might be a bit early for me Nick. I’m not planning to stay the night before so I think it’ll be a struggle to get there for that time taking into account the train from London and the ride from the station to the crossing point.

I’m definitely up for doing they ride though!

BurningLegs

Veteran
What time is feasible, then? With it being a Sunday I'm guessing the train service probably isn't that great??

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

3 trains leaving from 3 different central London stations, all arriving at Southampton within the same half hour window 🧐.

None of them arriving particularly early Nick. But maybe that isn’t too bad a thing. It could give the Earth a bit of a chance to warm up. And it’s not a very long ride really so we shouldn’t be riding all day.

BurningLegs

Veteran
@<Tommy> sorry, thought I’d replied to this but must have read it and not come back later!!!

Don’t think it will be a problem for me to switch my ferry. The ferry terminal is 5-10 min ride from the train station, but not sure how long before departure you need to arrive. The 10AM would be good but might be cutting it fine!

Does the 10AM ferry make this more achievable for anyone else here?

CXRAndy

Guru
@<Tommy> sorry, thought I’d replied to this but must have read it and not come back later!!!

Don’t think it will be a problem for me to switch my ferry. The ferry terminal is 5-10 min ride from the train station, but not sure how long before departure you need to arrive. The 10AM would be good but might be cutting it fine!

Does the 10AM ferry make this more achievable for anyone else here?
I cant remember the time we crossed last time to do a whole lap including the needles. We cut it fine for the last teatime ferry :heat:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I cant remember the time we crossed last time to do a whole lap including the needles. We cut it fine for the last teatime ferry :heat:
Last time we got the 10am ferry from Lymington to Yarmouth and returned on the 17:05.

Maybe I'm looking back with rose tinted spectacles but I don't remember it being a particular rush. We even took a little detour to the needles for a photo - that's definitely not on the official Randonnee route ^_^

Strava says the elapsed time of the ride was 5:45 with moving time of 4:02. 10am ferry should have arrived at 10:40am so 5 hours 45 mins after that would have been around 4.30pm

Top Bottom