Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LBHIFI

Veteran
So... it seems 25 is the winner. Is everyone at least happy and willing to wear number 25?

Also do we have agreement that we should push forward with this more reasonably priced offering, rather than hi end alternatives?

Personally, if I’m being totally honest. I probably wouldn’t say it’s my style. But, and it’s a big but. As a team jersey, and specifically a team loosely affiliated with CycleChat, it does work, and I don’t hate it. It’s also distinctive enough that we should be able to pick eachother out of a crowd.

So fellas please give your opinions. And then hopefully we can moveon to finalising the club name :okay:

View attachment 388042
It looks ok to me, and I'll order one when time comes. If we don't like it IRL it can always be changed for next the season.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
So start the new year the right way and all that. I think we have broad agreement that number 25 is the winner. So we can move forward with that.

Next we need to pin down whether we want a team / club name, a crest, and / or our names or nicknames on the jerseys. We can decide on the positioning of all this after we've got the outline agreed. So...

CYCLECHAT.CC
CC.CC...
VR.CC
THE CHATTERS
THE CHAINGANG
VELO REALITY
REALITY VELO
TURBO VELO
VIRTUAL ROULEURS

Just some off the top of my head. Anyone like any of these?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Cyclechat.VR.CC would be my choice. But Cyclechat.CC would come a close second of the current list. Something similar to this, from zwift, as a badge
images.png

Based on this
MYCYCLING-woman-1-e1495468651348.jpg

My board name and description (cyclechat mammoth) would be nice.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
So start the new year the right way and all that. I think we have broad agreement that number 25 is the winner. So we can move forward with that.

Next we need to pin down whether we want a team / club name, a crest, and / or our names or nicknames on the jerseys. We can decide on the positioning of all this after we've got the outline agreed. So...

CYCLECHAT.CC
CC.CC...
VR.CC
THE CHATTERS
THE CHAINGANG
VELO REALITY
REALITY VELO
TURBO VELO
VIRTUAL ROULEURS

VR 2018 cc Turbo

AAAC 76C

Large Member

CYCLECHAT.CC
CC.CC...
VR.CC
THE CHATTERS
THE CHAINGANG
VELO REALITY
REALITY VELO
TURBO VELO
VIRTUAL ROULEURS

FBB.CC
Fat Bottomed Boys cc

theboxers

FBB.CC
Fat Bottomed Boys cc
That's me :blush:

Norry1

Legendary Member

CYCLECHAT.CC
CC.CC...
VR.CC
THE CHATTERS
THE CHAINGANG
VELO REALITY
REALITY VELO
TURBO VELO
VIRTUAL ROULEURS

VRCC.cc

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I definitely like 'Cyclechat' in there somewhere as this is where the team 'meets'. Either 'Cyclechat.CC' or 'Cyclechat.VR.CC' would be fine. 'VR.CC' would be my 3rd choice as the 'CC' could be cycle club or Cyclechat :smile:

Nickname on the top (Whorty) would be nice if an option but I'll go with the crowd if preference is no :okay:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Cyclechat.VR.CC would be my choice. But Cyclechat.CC would come a close second of the current list. Something similar to this, from zwift, as a badge
View attachment 389558
Based on this
View attachment 389563

My board name and description (cyclechat mammoth) would be nice.

That bike looks like it’s been clamped!

Yes it would be free advertising. However as we are running on this board and mostly met up on here I would not object too much. It may even pull a few IRL riders with trainers into the fold :smile:.

I don’t have a problem including CycleChat in the name either. We could even see if they want to chip in for the costs. But would we have to ask their permission to use the name or be asked to use their own design font? Would need investigating.

I think it needs a V in it - as at its core it is based on Virtual cycling even if IRL rides happen as well.

That’s a lot of C’s Norry. We’d have to come up with a clever design I reckon.

I definitely like 'Cyclechat' in there somewhere as this is where the team 'meets'. Either 'Cyclechat.CC' or 'Cyclechat.VR.CC' would be fine. 'VR.CC' would be my 3rd choice as the 'CC' could be cycle club or Cyclechat :smile:

Nickname on the top (Whorty) would be nice if an option but I'll go with the crowd if preference is no :okay:

I think if we include CC as the latter, it has to be cycle club. It just makes more sense than CycleChat. Virtual reality. CycleChat is a bit confusing isn’t it?

how about cccc then there could be a big c with a 4 inside it to make it look real obscure - or a bike with one wheel half coloured in to look like a c and a 4 inside

i'm wasted in the building trade - ought to be design :becool::laugh:

You know C4 is plastic explosive right? I mean, I like it more for the double meaning, but I thought I’d just put that out there...

VR.C4? Sounds a bit like some type of industrial strength grease or something.

theboxers

That bike looks like it’s been clamped!
I know :laugh:.

If you look at the My Activity tab in bkool. In History you'll see the sort of thing I'm thinking of on the left under type.
2018-01-01 15.07.48.png

You know C4 is plastic explosive right? I mean, I like it more for the double meaning, but I thought I’d just put that out there...

VR.C4? Sounds a bit like some type of industrial strength grease or something.
:laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom