Turbo trainer help please guys and gals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I think it's the same one I have. It's pretty simple but does the job well.

Pauluk

I have the same one. I put a slick tyre on our bike we use for training to keep the noise down. I think its a very good piece of kit for the price, although I did get mine for £99.

OP
OP
Sniffer77

Sniffer77

Thanks all, seems it may do the job then . Will keep my eye on the eBay one but if it's only a few quid more for new I may go that route.
I have a old cheap excercise bike but I'm presuming the turbo will be a much better workout for dark winter nights
Cheers

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Will keep my eye on the eBay one but if it's only a few quid more for new I may go that route.
I'd hold out for a used one anyway, TBH there's always a strong supply of hardly used and basically new turbo's available.

Reason being is that loads of people buy them, (with every good intention), but in reality turbo training is an acquired taste, and subsequently they get sold on pretty quickly.

DAHIKT :whistle:

GmanUK65

Über Member
I'd hold out for a used one anyway, TBH there's always a strong supply of hardly used and basically new turbo's available.

Reason being is that loads of people buy them, (with every good intention), but in reality turbo training is an acquired taste, and subsequently they get sold on pretty quickly.

DAHIKT :whistle:
You're right there. I bought a Tacx turbo trainer last year, cost me £200 and I only used it for a month. I even bought some Tacx training DVDs which I thought would maybe help me look at something instead of the walls of my bedroom. I am thinking of using it in my living room and watch a film while training

Reactions: gbb

GmanUK65

Über Member
I would seriously think about buying a air cooling fan if I were you. Without one, I can guarantee that you will sweat buckets (buckets is not an exaggeration lol) even in Winter unless you are using it outside in your backyard/garden.

gbb

Legendary Member
You're right there. I bought a Tacx turbo trainer last year, cost me £200 and I only used it for a month. I even bought some Tacx training DVDs which I thought would maybe help me look at something instead of the walls of my bedroom. I am thinking of using it in my living room and watch a film while training
TBF I dont use mine that much but when I do, I watch TV in my living room..(laminate flooring)
The wifes understanding, just make sure your chain isnt freshly oiled, it could cause a right old row I suspect...and keep the dog away.
I dont push hard, just use mine to get an hours light excercise in, keep muscles loose etc. You dont HAVE to go balls out on them to benefit.

OP
OP
Sniffer77

Sniffer77

TBF I dont use mine that much but when I do, I watch TV in my living room..(laminate flooring)
The wifes understanding, just make sure your chain isnt freshly oiled, it could cause a right old row I suspect...and keep the dog away.
I dont push hard, just use mine to get an hours light excercise in, keep muscles loose etc. You dont HAVE to go balls out on them to benefit.

I think balls out is gonna hurt with the seat I've got :-)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I thought about buying a trainer machine for ages then i borrowed a mate's trainer for a month to see if it was worth it. 2 hours on one is like torture compared to being outside and having to use your brain to judge and adapt to the traffic,road conditions,the weather etc. I'd rather spend money on good winter clothing and brave the elements rather than being warm and safe but very bored!:thumbsup:

Top Bottom