Turbo trainer with virtual reality screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
yeah...Cindy is right....not all of us are stupid enough tough enough to ride 50 miles a day in the snow and pissing rain and wind here in the uk.....I'm thinking of converting my garage into a tropical paradise complete with turbo trainer and huge screen....

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
yeah...Cindy is right....not all of us are stupid enough tough enough to ride 50 miles a day in the snow and ****ing rain and wind here in the uk.....I'm thinking of converting my garage into a tropical paradise complete with turbo trainer and huge screen....

I have a turbo trainer and it is the most boring thing I have ever used, these days the only thing I seem to use it for is to mount the bike on so I can diagnose gear change problems.

Looking at my mileages this year the second highest monthly mileage I did was in January on my hybrid I just made sure I wrapped up warm and I was good for between 20 and 30 miles before my feet got cold.

Licramite

Über Member
Music guys , I use the turbo trainer in crap weather or i,ve only got 1/2 hour to spare of an evening , - or (indoor training bike) as I call it,
but I love it, mp3 player on full up ZZ TOP or lady marmalade and blast it + my greatist fan to give me the dream tail wind and keep me cool^_^

the idea of a track video to follow would be good, I just shut my eyes and run through my running days in breacon and scotland.

but indoor cycling is great, disco on a bike:music:

Drago

Legendary Member
I've been riding through the winter since I was 6, and the first flake of snow had me heading for the shed and hailing out the Trance. At work its great, and in bad snow I've got to places no one else could, one one occasion sitting with a casualty alone for several hours because no one (except one of my students, a PCSO who later arrived to help) could get to him.

In 37 years of cycling I've not had that many Offs, and most of them in the dry. Trust me, a face plant in August hurts as much as in February.

And on top of it all the poor surfaces, weather, poor visibility etc can improve your fitness, core strength, control skills, anticipation... your not doggedly keeping your fitness going on an indoor trainer, you're missing a trick.

I appreciate they can be very useful tools for stuff like heart-rate based exercises etc, but as a substitute for actually riding... nah.

Licramite

Über Member
of course your right - thiers no substitute for the real thing.
I admit it - I,m a wimp -
I think the norway artic exercise finished me off, ever since I,ve hated the cold and the wet with a vengence.

I,ve only got summer lycra, do you recommend just getting the arm and leg add on bits or a full new lycra winter outfit.

Top Bottom