Turbo trainers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Raging Squirrel

I'm looking at getting a turbo trainer in october to cover the winter, but there's so many out there to chose from that i'm stuck.

can anyone suggest some good ones please?

And, whats the difference between a turbo trainer and one of them roller things?

Nope. sorry I can't. Turbo's are the work of Satan IMO and should be illegal :evil:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Google it or Youtube it, the difference will be more than obvious!

smokeysmoo means that they are boring, but that is not necessarily true, I don't mind riding the turbo.

why's that then?
Rob3rts right, IMO they are mind numbingly boring.

I've had a couple and tried using them to music, cycling vids, spinning vids, TV, films etc, but for me nothing makes them bearable.

Loads of people must like them, or not mind them at the very least.

IME buy a cheap one off eBay, (there are always loads to choose from, wonder why!), then at least if you don't like it you'll get your money back.

If you buy new and don't like it you'll lose a wedge of ££'s

amaferanga

Veteran
The trouble with buying a cheap one is that they're even more unpleasant to ride than a good one. What's your budget? If you did buy a more expensive one and decided it wasn't for you then used turbo prices are good, especially through the winter, so you wouldn't actually lose that much money. If you can stretch to a couple of hundred quid then I'd recommend a Cycleops Fluid 2. I have one and having used other turbo trainers and rollers this is by far the most pleasant to ride. It feels much smoother, especially compared to cheap magnetic ones.

Don't forget to buy at least one big fan to help keep you cool (even if your turbo will be in a garage).

Top Bottom