Turbo Trainers ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ive no experience of the specific two but in my experience of fluid and magnetic trainers. Ive found the fluid ones to be quieter and more realistic but they lack at that price the specifically variable resistance of a magnetic turbo. Its not exact with a fluid trainer you vary your gears to achieve that and resistance follows a curve and will be different at different cadences. I would opt for a fluid one but if you want to use it on Zwift you have to spend more :wacko:

OP
OP
Rollerman

Rollerman

Ive no experience of the specific two but in my experience of fluid and magnetic trainers. Ive found the fluid ones to be quieter and more realistic but they lack at that price the specifically variable resistance of a magnetic turbo. Its not exact with a fluid trainer you vary your gears to achieve that and resistance follows a curve and will be different at different cadences. I would opt for a fluid one but if you want to use it on Zwift you have to spend more :wacko:

Many thanks for the reply.

Okeydokey

The Elite looks to be great value for money. I would opt for the fluid one easily over the mag. I have Wahoo sensors on my bike, heart rate, RPM and now speed feeding the back wheel so I'm sure if I wanted to play on Zwift the ANT+ and Bluetooth would allow me to do so on a super budget project. I really like the Elite's way of the bike falling back onto the roller as opposed to the tightening of a setting that forces your wheel onto the trainer, as does the Tacx.

Top Bottom