Turbo training advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ningishzidda

Get going on the turbo and warm up on level 2 for 30 mins or so.

When 30 mins is done, throw a dice ( if you throw a six, take another throw ). Adjust the resistance level to the dice throw and belt it for five mins. Repeat until you can't make out what number you've thrown because your brain has scrambled.

I use a 'pop-o-matic' from an old 70s child's board game called "Headache". :laugh:

Ningishzidda

Get your Pop-o-matic and a clock.
When your conscience gets to you, give the turbo a thrashing. If you're having a rough day, just take it easy.

And get a laptop set up on wireless internet so you can watch some YouTube vids that have nothing to do with cycling.

Kies

I don't have a graph printed on the box, so i just jumped on and set the bike to granny ring/middle gear for the 10 min warm up/warm down.
40 minute high cadence (it feels like a high cadence) with 1 minute rest intervals (slow cadence) mixed in.

All done without a computer of any sort. I will attach a computer and possibly look at HRM/cadence sensors in due course, but for now, i am loving the turbo. I sweated buckets (windows open and a towel) and felt as if i had a good workout.
MTV dance played a part ;-)

Kies

Oops my bad lol, i could try the wifes but i dont ride a tandem.:giggle:

Your wearing the wifes thong?????

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

I had a little blast today and this is it, im not sure what i would call the session though, but my throats hurts from blowing hard(old fart syndrome)
IMG_7137.PNG
IMG_7138.PNG

The Cadence 70 warm up and 100 on the peaks and cool down 85

IWF67

New to this, please bear with me! I'm considering getting a turbo for next winter. I'm also coming in to a little cash early 2014. I'd like to buy a second bike and use my decent but old bike on the trainer. The bike I have has decent wheels (Campag Zonda) and mechs (Campag Chorus 2005 I think).

Tell me, would it be a waste to use the underused decent kit (i.e. wheels and mechs) on the trainer, and would these be better transferred to the new bike? This way I could buy 'cheap' wheels etc for the trainer, this saving money for a nice new frame and forks. Thanks

montage

God Almighty
New to this, please bear with me! I'm considering getting a turbo for next winter. I'm also coming in to a little cash early 2014. I'd like to buy a second bike and use my decent but old bike on the trainer. The bike I have has decent wheels (Campag Zonda) and mechs (Campag Chorus 2005 I think).

Tell me, would it be a waste to use the underused decent kit (i.e. wheels and mechs) on the trainer, and would these be better transferred to the new bike? This way I could buy 'cheap' wheels etc for the trainer, this saving money for a nice new frame and forks. Thanks

Any reason you can't use your decent but old bike as a winter trainer? You could pick up a 501 bike off ebay for not very much at all. A working rear wheel with a downtube shifter is perfect as a turbo bike. Might get away with spending approximately £50

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

Im the same, why ride a different bike than the one you train on.?
I might buy a spare rear whhel set up so i dont wear out the rear tyre.

Top Bottom