Turbo Upgrade: Wahoo Kickr Smart v5 or Tacx Neo2T

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
New Neo 2T arrived and up and running. I can’t believe how quiet it is and what a machine. As @Milkfloat says - night and day. And that’s not taking anything away from the Vortex which was a good entry into smart trainers at an affordable price.

I’m very impressed with the Neo so far from design, build quality to ’feel’ and noise but have yet to do a full ride as the weather was too nice not to be outside. Hopefully a proper test tomorrow.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
New Neo 2T arrived and up and running. I can’t believe how quiet it is and what a machine. As @Milkfloat says - night and day. And that’s not taking anything away from the Vortex which was a good entry into smart trainers at an affordable price.

I’m very impressed with the Neo so far from design, build quality to ’feel’ and noise but have yet to do a full ride as the weather was too nice not to be outside. Hopefully a proper test tomorrow.
Hoping for rain - shows you are excited. Good luck with it - next thing you know you will be doing century rides and looking to build a rocker plate..

Venod

Eh up
@Buck
Don't ignore the Tacx videos, there are about 200 now I think, totally different experience to Zwift which is good if you like pretend racing, but a bit gamey, and open to all sorts of unscrupulous cheating.

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
@Buck
Don't ignore the Tacx videos, there are about 200 now I think, totally different experience to Zwift which is good if you like pretend racing, but a bit gamey, and open to all sorts of unscrupulous cheating.

I’m certainly going to have a look at those. I do like Zwift but the videos look interesting and worth a go.

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
PS. Do any of you have the road feel function turned on? I’ve not for that far yet but I might try it later.

Venod

Eh up
I have road feel turned off, it works fine and feels realistic, but a bit unesssary IMO.

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
I have no desire to feel as though I am riding over cobbles all of the time so will probably try it and either put it on a lower setting or turn it off! Thanks all.

Top Bottom