Turned out nice again...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

... which is more than can be said of the people I met out there this morning.

OK, so it was hot, verging on bloody hot, but I saw 50-odd people on my ride this morning, and not one of those 50-odd people, each of whom I greeted with a "hello" or a "thanks" or even a "good afternoon", not one of them responded, not one of them even smiled.

Base perambulating Hungarian wights, they cannot be misused enough! **

** pint / mug of tea to the first to spot the source and appropriateness of the references there. ;)

brockers

Went past a group from my old club yesterday and waved to some familiar faces, but received none in return. As I was riding in mufti with sunglasses, I might have been unrecognisable (apart from my distinctive frame), but still...

Maybe this highlights the reason why I'm not as into clubs or group rides as I used to be.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Everbody I passed waved or called which was nice as there were a hell of a lot out today in the weather.
I suppose it's because we're such a friendly bunch down south, Norm:biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
Maybe they all recognised you from here and thought you were gonna try and sell them a Secteur:laugh:
i got a proper wave of someone yesterday,not just the usual nod,confused me as I wasn't sure if it was someone I knew or just a very friendly cyclist.
Most people I see are scallies on MTB's on the pavement so it's nice to get a nod/wave from a proper cyclist every now and then:smile:

OP
OP
N

Norm

rich p said:
I suppose it's because we're such a friendly bunch down south, Norm:biggrin:
Just you come up here and say that... :sad: :laugh:

potsy said:
Maybe they all recognised you from here and thought you were gonna try and sell them a Secteur:laugh:
I was on the river bank, so I'd taken the MTB for a change. Probably a dozen of the peeps I met were on bikes (three going the same way - I must stop passing other cyclists! :biggrin:) but the vast majority were walking. They all moved out of my way, no-one blocked me or let their dog wander loose or anything like that, but not a single one responded to my greeting.

I've got to head into Windsor again shortly, I'll have another go and see if I get any better interaction.

Oh, and there's a clue there for the free-to-enter competition I set up in the OP. :laugh:

OP
OP
N

Norm

Indeed, two allusions to insults coined by the Bard in "The Merry Wives of Windsor", because the same play written today would have been entitled "The Miserable Chavs of Windsor". :sad:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
So they were mostly walkers and from the south..............

* Thinks *

Hmmmmph - Southern Walkers not friendly? Why am I not surprised? :wacko:

Top Bottom