TV favourites from your childhood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
Captain Pugwash. The characters' names were plain filthy, I particularly remember Seaman Staines and Roger the cabin Boy.

Do Not Adjust Your Set

Anyone remember it?

It had most of the Pythons in it (this was around 1967 so pre python) plus David Jason and Miriam Margolyes (or whatever her name is). It was very odd and full of camera tricks with people disappering in a puff of smoke.

I have not found anyone else who remembers it and everyone thinks I am making it up!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Captain Pugwash. The characters' names were plain filthy, I particularly remember Seaman Staines and Roger the cabin Boy.

Then your memory is deeply suspect. There were no such characters. It was all an urban myth invented later. IIRC the maker went to court over the rumour.

It would take too long to list all the shows guaranteed to invoke nostalgia in me. The Trumptonshire Trilogy, Mr Benn, The Clangers, Bagpuss...

Ludwig, anyone remember him?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Do Not Adjust Your Set

Anyone remember it?

It had most of the Pythons in it (this was around 1967 so pre python) plus David Jason and Miriam Margolyes (or whatever her name is). It was very odd and full of camera tricks with people disappering in a puff of smoke.

I have not found anyone else who remembers it and everyone thinks I am making it up!

I've heard of it but don't know that I've ever seen any of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_Not_Adjust_Your_Set

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Do Not Adjust Your Set  

Anyone remember it?

I remember it, and I thought it was odd but funny at the time! IIRC, David Jason played a character named Captain Fantastic. The show also featured regular appearances by The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VxV0ZjOcQg[/media]

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-6obyoEM24&feature=fvw[/media]

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
Then your memory is deeply suspect. There were no such characters. It was all an urban myth invented later. IIRC the maker went to court over the rumour.

It would take too long to list all the shows guaranteed to invoke nostalgia in me. The Trumptonshire Trilogy, Mr Benn, The Clangers, Bagpuss...

Ludwig, anyone remember him?

I remember him!

Chorlton and the Wheelies, Noggin the Nog, King Rollo, Towser, Mr Ben, Bagpuss, the Flumps, Playaway, Fingerbobs, Button Moon, the Perishers, Jamie and the Magic Torch (got that on DVD, you know, and it's a lot weirder than I remembered)...

Loved Blake's 7 (wrote fanfic of that when I was at school, in the days before writing fanfic was cool). Doctor Who with Tom Baker (best series was the one with Romana 1 and K9).

My brother liked Crystal Tipps and Alistair, but it wasn't my cup of tea. Nor was Pigeon Street.

Anyone remember Whatamess?

Sam

Midnight

Banana Splits
Space 1999
Doctor Who - (with the real Doctor - Tom Baker John Pertwee)
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Magic Roundabout - (the proper one, not that computer generated rubbish! Pah!)
The Avengers
Q7 / Q8
Pogle's Wood
Magpie
The Sweeny
Benny Hill Show
The Tomorrow People
Kung Fu - (Ah, Grasshopper...)
Land Of The Giants
Hawaii Five-O

Stingray ..... anything can happen in the next half hour.

FireBall XL5.

Doctor Who, although i did hide behind the sofa when the darleks and cybermen appeared.

Firestorm

Veteran
From various ages in my childhood

Tomorrow people
Follyfoot
The Double deckers
White Horses
Twizzle

and programs not in the 4.15 to 5.45 weekday Childrens slot

Goodies
The Big Match
Z Cars
Grandstand
World of Sport
Sportsnight with Coleman

Is my memory playing tricks , but i recall all the Anderson shows, Fireball XL5, Thunderbirds & Stingray being on weekend TV . Sat 11 o/c seems to ring a bell, just before World of Sport

Top Bottom