TV favourites from your childhood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I remember some lunchtime trade test transmissions on BBC2. One was John Piper and the stained glass windows of Liverpool's Catholic Cathedral. Another was of an Australian Landtrain. I remember from this the driver and his mate taking the labels off their canned food to make anything they made more interesting.
12:50 for the pre lunch cig followed by the cooking of the haute cuisine.
https://www.bpvideolibrary.com/record/441

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Vision On!
Great programme but I never realised it was a programme for the deaf until I was very grown up.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq8JoTaVCZA

As you're not here anymore.:laugh: I'm not offending you,so didn't you suss it was for deaf children seeing as they had the woman doing sign language throughout the program?:rolleyes:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Banana Splits - I still want a banana buggy!
Space 1999 - Funky 1st season theme, great model FX...and they had banana buggies too!
Blakes 7 - wibbly wobbly sets and spaceships, Avon was bloody brilliant...and THAT ending!
Doctor Who - (with the real Doctor - Tom Baker)...Tom...what can we say?. Always my Doctor...forever
Thunderbirds - love it, pioneering FX with Derek Medding's fabulous miniatures, iconic theme
The Monkees - watched it for the music, slapstick shenanigans, okay fun on a 70's Saturday morning before Swap Shop arrived
The Goodies - Brilliant. Full DVD box set now out...RIP Tim:sad:
Joe 90 - vaguely remember it but never really bought into everyone thinking a 10 year old could be a spy or whatever...even for an Anderson show
Magic Roundabout - (the proper one, not that computer generated rubbish! Pah!).. Fantastic, always looked forweard to 5.40pm on BBC1 for those last 5 mins of kids telly. I get the 'adult' supposed refs now:okay:
Sapphire and Steel - a bit boring for me, preferred Dr Who. Another one with a strange ending.
The Avengers - currently enjoying repeats on ITV4, love 60's 'spyfy'.....Mrs Peel, we're needed!

Oh happy days. Ah, yes, Happy Days - with The Fonz.

In bold above...oh happier days, long hot summer school holidays^_^

postman

Legendary Member
Top Cat and Officer Dibble,Bill and Ben,Popeye,Robin Hood,Lone Ranger The Cisco Kid a brilliant cowboy series.Jimmy Clitheroe.

Top Bottom