TV Licensing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Have they got a lot nastier recently or is it just me?

They somehow got my wife's name, and have vaguely threatening messages on the envelopes that even a debt collector would probably wince at. Either that or they're inviting me round for coffee and I'm going to look rather rude.

IMG_20170805_204843.jpg

There is no chance of them actually coming round because they tried a couple of times and I told the bloke that if he valued his unshattered kneecaps he needed to sod off. Maybe they're sending the riot squad on the 14th.

I told them I didn't have a tv and they believed me.

And I actually no longer use iplayer as I don't have a licence.

OP
OP
KnackeredBike

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Last time (and this is a decade ago) we told them we didn't have a TV they just changed the monthly letters to "We're coming round to check because we think you're a lying bastard" (paraphrased slightly).

Their targeting seems somewhat scattergun.

OP
OP
KnackeredBike

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I suspect they are probably tired of the joke but I am tempted to call them and half way through the call say "CAN YOU TURN DOWN THAT BLOODY TV I CAN'T HEAR THE PHONE".

I suspect they are probably tired of the joke but I am tempted to call them and half way through the call say "CAN YOU TURN DOWN THAT BLOODY TV I CAN'T HEAR THE PHONE".
The US visa waiver form used to have (may still do) asking if you have ever participated in a genocide. I was always tempted to ask "How many people is it to make it a genocide?"

I never did. Border control have notoriously poor senses of humour humor.

Edit: spelling fix. It's America, of course. I will now leave your thread alone.

OP
OP
KnackeredBike

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
[QUOTE 4908180, member: 259"]I think that's a really bad idea. Just saying, but if there was ever any subsequent nastiness that wouldn't look vIery good in court.[/QUOTE]
I should have said I was paraphrasing, in a very inaccurate way.

"Yes, you're welcome to come in. Oh... but one thing first, I want to go to your house and look around."
"Why do you want to look at my house?"
"To see if you have a TV."
"I do have a TV. And I have a TV licence!"
"Yes, but nonetheless I'd just like to check if for myself."

The conversation deteriorated from there.

classic33

Leg End Member
I should have said I was paraphrasing, in a very inaccurate way.

"Yes, you're welcome to come in. Oh... but one thing first, I want to go to your house and look around."
"Why do you want to look at my house?"
"To see if you have a TV."
"I do have a TV. And I have a TV licence!"
"Yes, but nonetheless I'd just like to check if for myself."

The conversation deteriorated from there.
Sounds as though he doesn't even believe the records.

Ask for his ID badge, just so you can check it's valid. Before you let him/them cross the threshold. If they're genuine, they'll have no issues with parting with & you closing the door on them, whilst you check.

They do have issues, or their details aren't valid, don't let them in. You let them in once, they're free to return again.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Without a warrant they have no right whatsoever to enter your home and they have to have a bloody good reason to even get a warrant.
They've turned up on my doorstep twice now and upon asking "May I come in to check that you do not receive a television signal?", I've given a simple "no thankyou" response and they scurry along to their next victim.
I haven't watched live streaming tv in years coz quite frankly, it's crap.

Drago

Legendary Member
Write to them and inform them you've removed their right of implied access. You don't even need to give a name. Inform them that if they ignore this you will consider civil action for trespass, and a criminal complaint of harassment.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Old bill with the universal master key and burglars are the only people who enter my house univited.

Just ignore the door knock..it really is that easy

Top Bottom