TV Licensing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I just ignore the letters... which are building up in to a rather large pile with 'return to sender' written on them.

If i put the letter in the post, will they [tv licensing] have to pay the return postage? or will the PO just bin them all?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I just ignore the letters... which are building up in to a rather large pile with 'return to sender' written on them.

If i put the letter in the post, will they [tv licensing] have to pay the return postage? or will the PO just bin them all?
I believe the latter. Reminds me of stories, possible apocryphal, of people preventing junk mail by attaching any such firmly to a house brick and marking it 'return to sender'.

Drago

Legendary Member
I believe the latter. Reminds me of stories, possible apocryphal, of people preventing junk mail by attaching any such firmly to a house brick and marking it 'return to sender'.

I used to wait until I had a couple of credit card or loan applications sent to me - unsolicited - then I'd put the forms in each others envelopes and send them off.

No. Postage return is basically included in the price of the stamp.

(people used to use "return to sender" to never have to pay for postage. Carefully open letter, write reply, put it back in the envelope and then cross out your address and write "return to sender")
sort of like this you mean ? IMG_3492.jpg
totally sick of their harassing tactics. Binned my tv 6years ago, declared to them twice that i dont need no stinkin' license as i have no stinkin' tv & don't use the iplayer catchup thing, but still their letters come address to "The Occupier". Only had one personal visit during that time, AFAIK.

classic33

Leg End Member

Check the return address on the back, should be Swansea.

classic33

Leg End Member
He's
sort of like this you mean ? View attachment 366414
totally sick of their harassing tactics. Binned my tv 6years ago, declared to them twice that i dont need no stinkin' license as i have no stinkin' tv & don't use the iplayer catchup thing, but still their letters come address to "The Occupier". Only had one personal visit during that time, AFAIK.
been moved. He should be Enforcement Manager, Dundee. Although he's covering Falkirk at the moment as well.

Check the return address on the back, should be Swansea.

Darlington, DL98 1AT is the return address on the back of my bright red envelope

He's been moved. He should be Enforcement Manager, Dundee. Although he's covering Falkirk at the moment as well.

That would make any letter sent to any Glasgow address in his name un-enforcable then imho, unless it stated specifically what job/area he was controlling....Maybe he actually *is* personally harassing us:unsure:...

screenman

Legendary Member
I would rather the inspector working and paying taxes rather than on the dole,, I cannot understand why letting somebody check you do have a tv is a problem. I am sure somebody will enlighten me.

classic33

Leg End Member
Darlington, DL98 1AT is the return address on the back of my bright red envelope

That would make any letter sent to any Glasgow address in his name un-enforcable then imho, unless it stated specifically what job/area he was controlling....Maybe he actually *is* personally harassing us:unsure:...
And maybe he doesn't even exist!

classic33

Leg End Member
I would rather the inspector working and paying taxes rather than on the dole,, I cannot understand why letting somebody check you do have a tv is a problem. I am sure somebody will enlighten me.
Civillians, not court officers or police. Not always polite. Last one visiting here had no ID, so he stayed outside. Took the police to remove him.

Top Bottom