TV programmes you've never watched

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeitup

Veteran
PaulB said:
Good shout. I've never had time to watch that but respect those who claim that's the best ever and I will invest some evenings to get in to it.

"The Shield" was excellent but not the best ever made. That's "The Wire"!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
We could argue about best with things like Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire etc, but there's a definite trend here:-

reality shows
talent shows
soap operas

I watched some of them as a kid but have gradually removed them from my life as I got older. My sons have never seen any of these shows, I won't have them on the TV in the house.

The only programmes that bug me now are modern style documentaries that place 'style' over substance. When it's a subject I'm interested in but you're forced to sit through so much padding and claptrap. They seem to have a tough time finding the balance between dry/overly cerebral and annoyingly OTT childrens presenting style.

Adverts used to be a big bugbear but hard drive recording and easy fast forward have put paid to them:biggrin:

PaulB

Legendary Member
mikeitup said:
"The Shield" was excellent but not the best ever made. That's "The Wire"!

Well, good as it was, I think The Wire was shaded into second place (and just ahead of NYPD Blue) by The Sopranos. If you disagree-ah, we'll have to send you to sleep with the fishes. Capeesh?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've almost finished The Shield and liked that. Same reaction as to The Sopranos really - dodgy people doing terrible things but you can't help feeling something for them, struggling to support their families and all that.

I enjoyed the 1st series of The Wire and will get on with that once I've finished The Shield.

I was also a fan of NYPD Blue for the first few series but felt it went off the rails later on. Perhaps I'll give that another go some time.

Oh, and don't forget the one that started it all - Hill Street Blues! I was watching the repeats on late night Channel 4 but they stopped before they showed them all. I've now discovered that you can watch all episodes of HSB on 4OD.

Bman

Guru
I avoid:
Any soaps
Any of that X factor/Britains got Talent rubbish
Any American TV (besides Star Trek back in the day)

In fact, theres not much I DO watch :blush:
Sky At Night is always on the planner and any decent British comedy

Top Bottom