TV Schedules.............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
There's nothing ever on except fly on the wall/reality/game shows/shoot...we haven't watched anything except graham norton and 8 out of 10 cats for 2 weeks! Thinking of selling the telly!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Nope - there's the Olympics after this, the pre-Olympic shows and the post- ones.

I hardly ever watch TV now-a-days; I need to see new ads for my teaching which I tend to view online instead. The programmes are usually awful and have hardly watched anything for nearly a year. It's co-incided with cycling and weight loss - maybe they're linked?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There are the occasional good things, but they tend to get buried by the dross unfortunately.
That is what a PVR with a week's worth of TV guide is for!

I only receive 'Freeview Lite' (gnash!) but even from those channels I can usually find enough things to record to keep me going. I think my PVR's hard disk has only been completely empty once since last September.

I do agree that it is often the case that there is nothing good on at a particular time but at other times there are several good programmes on at once. I can record 2 channels while simultaneosly watching a recorded show.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
This used to be the worse fortnight of the year - wall to wall Wimbledon. But since the Beeb went crap in the pursuit of ratings I don't really notice anymore.

TDF at end of month^_^

PVR has been the saviour of my tv watching. Can't be bothered sitting through adverts (including the BBC's promos for its various series) so we always record stuff and fast forward over them.

Quite often, the stuff waiting to be watched is programmes made years ago rather than current programmes. I'd rather watch something I enjoy as a repeat than have to sit through some of the dross on nowadays.

Davidc

Guru
Agree about the PVR.

We find we're watching bits from throughout the schedules (particularly enjoyed Horrible Histories) when we feel like it. Also set the news programmes and other bits we usually watch so they record, then if we're late for the start we can still watch the whole thing. Just need to erase a load about once a month.

ColinJ - when your present PVR wears out you could stick a dish up and buy a Freesat+ box. That way you'll get more channels than Freeview heavy (but not Dave and not Sky News), including ITV4.

Top Bottom