TV series/Sitcoms you have never seen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Mrs Browns boys.
The trailers are enough to stop me.

'allo 'allo- Don't think we owned a telly at this time. People still insist on saying good moaning.....

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Game of Thrones.
Haven't seen it either, I figure I might bother when it's finished.
We are limited to Freeview, so there's some series we haven't watched. Would like to see True Crime, feel it might be worth giving Breaking Bad a go, although I could never get in to The Wire.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

'allo 'allo- Don't think we owned a telly at this time. People still insist on saying good moaning.....

That was on repeat during the afternoon on BBC 2 for a while, but now they are showing Hidi Hi, something that I last must have watched years ago as I remembered very little about it.

Other things I have never watched are Lost and Game Of Thrones

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Anything written by or starring R Gervais, anything written by or starring Vic Reeves, anything written by or starring Jim Carey, anything written by or starring Woody Allen, Bruce Forsyth or Alan Carr, Zoe Wannamaker, Sean Bean, Alun Armstrong, David Walliams, Caroline Quentin, or Meryl Streep. There are others... [Edit, hadn't appreciated how much I dislike pompous, 'look-at-me celebrities'.]

[Add John Cleese to the list!]

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Friends. Not seen it at all. Bovvered ? Little Britain likewise.
Oh yeah Friends, My Sister liked it, so that was grounds enough for me not watching it! :giggle:
Little Britain was a strange one, I mean, it was crap, but it did have it's amusing moments, especially when I heard an audio version of it, verbally it seemed much funnier than it ever did visually on screen, but then, that was probably just me.

Also that sword-y thing that's on Sunday night that everybody raves about...can't think what it's called at the mo, got a little dwarfey king type bloke and a dragon lady apparently.

I have no idea what you are on about, but that sounds like one of my dreams!!

Last edited:

Archie_tect

We've been told endless times by friends our age that we 'must' watch Breaking Bad... borrowed the first series and watched 2 episodes... unless it drastically improves we'll be stopping- been told to 'put up' with it until the 4th episode when apparently it gets better! When I don't warm to any of the main characters I stop watching.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Anything written by or starring R Gervais, anything written by or starring Vic Reeves, anything written by or starring Jim Carey, anything written by or starring Woody Allen, Bruce Forsyth or Alan Carr, Zoe Wannamaker, Sean Bean, Alun Armstrong, David Walliams, Caroline Quentin, or Meryl Streep. There are others... [Edit, hadn't appreciated how much I dislike pompous, 'look-at-me celebrities'.]

Most of those haven't done TV have they? Also, isn't 'look-at-me celebrity' basically 'celebrity'.

It does remind me that I never had any interest in watching The Office. Also when Stardust is on in the other room I only come in to see R. Gervais get stabbed. Oddly, while I don't like him as an actor, he seems quite interesting when being talked to as a normal person. On the few occasions he remembers to be one. I think I'd probably enjoy sitting down for a meal with him.

We've been told endless times by friends our age that we 'must' watch Breaking Bad... borrowed the first series and watched 2 episodes... unless it drastically improves we'll be stopping- been told to 'put up' with it until the 4th episode when apparently it gets better! When I don't warm to any of the main characters I stop watching.

From what I've heard, warming to the characters isn't a Breaking Bad thing. Generally it's a question of how long you can feel sympathetic to Walter. I can do 4-6 episodes of something I'm not sure about, if I have them to bulk watch, but after that it's gone. Similarly I've not read the Dresden Files books because friends say "they get good after the first three or four" and I'm not interested in reading two to three poor books just to get the platforming sorted.

U

User169

It's baby out with the bathwater time again!

Archie_tect

That's true DP... just realised how little television I watch! When I do sit down to watch something, I usually goto make a cup of tea and often never make it back to see the rest of the programme.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
There is an Israeli thing on BBC 4 now about a Surgeon and her family who are being held hostage. The Surgeon is to perform an operation on the President and her captors want her to kill him with some untracable poison.

Maybe it is just me, but I just cannot feel sorry for them at all, I mean, they are Israeili for crying out loud!
I just sat there thinking to myself

'How could anyone ever live in a country like that and still have a clear conscience??!!'

Last edited:
Top Bottom