TV series/Sitcoms you have never seen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldbloke

Guru
Anything with the word Celebrity in it. And Towie and The big Bang Theory.

There have been some sitcoms aired that I found ar5e clenchingly dreadful, ie My Family, but seems they had a huge following, guess we can't all be the same.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
There are loads of shows regarded as classics which I've never seen: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, Game of Thrones to name but four.

Unless you have lots of recording devices and all the time in the world you're bound to miss something. To slightly alter the question, I watched the first ever episode of 24 but never watched another one. Anyone else been put off by the premiere of a show?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
When I was a lad I used to watch Alias Smith and Jones, Starsky and Hutch, Cannon, Kojak, and The Rockford Files... saw an AS+J a while ago and couldn't believe how awful they had become in the intervening years.... they've re-recorded them all with hopeless plots and acting...

Vidor06

Long term loafer
West Wing, 24, Sopranos, Lost, Prison Break, Breaking Bad, Justified, Walking Dead, Mad Men, all the Scandi Noir stuff on BBC 4. Basically all the major long running drama series of the past 10 years. I wonder could having a 12 year old and an 8 year old be connected to missing all these?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Bet you're word perfect with Postman Pat and Thomas the Tank Engine [Ringo Starr's voice over obviously- the imitation one is a charlatan].

I sometimes watch the odd episode of a programme that I know some w*nkers at work will have recorded on some contraption (just so they call mention that they have recorded it) and make a point of mentioning what happens to them - they always shout "don't tell me, I have it recorded...!" but by then it's too late. Nobbers.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
West Wing, 24, Sopranos, Lost, Prison Break, Breaking Bad, Justified, Walking Dead, Mad Men, all the Scandi Noir stuff on BBC 4. Basically all the major long running drama series of the past 10 years. I wonder could having a 12 year old and an 8 year old be connected to missing all these?

Definitely helps...our kids look at me as though I just shat in their mouths if I touch the TV remote...yay...another episode of my little pony...the same one I've seen 5 times already...yay...I'll go and try to index my gears for a few hours.

Lullabelle

Banana
We've been told endless times by friends our age that we 'must' watch Breaking Bad... borrowed the first series and watched 2 episodes... unless it drastically improves we'll be stopping- been told to 'put up' with it until the 4th episode when apparently it gets better! When I don't warm to any of the main characters I stop watching.

There is a huge amount of hype with that and a few guys at work have seen it and rave about it, I have seen adverts and it doesn't appeal.

vickster

Legendary Member
All sorts...

Heroes
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Prison Break
The Wire
Anything recent with vampires / zombies / aliens / children :ph34r:

Merlin (but may have Three Musketeers on in the background for the leather clad totty :blush: )
Downton Abbey (I can't stand pre-20th century costume drama)
Emmerdale :wacko:

Britain's got talent (but I like The Voice and have been known to indulge in X Factor but only once the Finals have started, can't bear the audition bolloc*s)

'Chav TV' like Geordie Shore, TOWIE, Made in Chelsea (although that's probably anti-Chav)

Top Bottom