TV series/Sitcoms you have never seen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I have a deep-seated aversion to "canned laughter". I don't know where it came from. My wife and daughter watch Friends etc and I instantly jam on my headphones and turn up the volume. I know I'm missing out, but that sound really grinds my gears something horrible.

Yesterday Mrs Cisamcgu noticed that the "laughter" in Top Gear was canned - the problem being you can actually see the audience in Top Gear, and they were looking stony-faced and bored while this laughter-track giggled inanely. Stupid programme anyway :smile:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
All sorts...

Downton Abbey (I can't stand pre-20th century costume drama)

Downton is actually all set in the 20th Century :cuppa:

Peteaud

Veteran
We don't have sky or Virgin or anything like that, so its only freeview.

It's also easier to list what we watch than don't.

Do enjoy Silent Witness and the new Midsomer Murders.

stephec

Legendary Member
Anything with the word, 'celebrity,' in the title, although I'll own up to watching Celebrity Mastermind.

Anything which involves the participants going on an incredible journey. You've learnt to dance, sing, bake, or dicked around in the jungle, not found a cure for every known killer disease, utter bellends.

Drago

Legendary Member
Speaking of Coronation Street, isn't it becoming a load of old tosh lately?

If a weedy Herbert like Callum the drug dealer came after me I'd kick his teeth in and torch his motor. Why doesn't David Platt just sort it?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Speaking of Coronation Street, isn't it becoming a load of old tosh lately?

If a weedy Herbert like Callum the drug dealer came after me I'd kick his teeth in and torch his motor. Why doesn't David Platt just sort it?

You watch that shïte but you won't consider Breaking Bad, mental!

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
Never watched any of the , im a celebrity get me dancing in the jungle on ice type shows , dont watch any soaps, in fact come to think of it , i cant remember the last time i switched the telly on, I usually just catch a glimpse of whatever mrs roadrash is watching, which is usually morse or poirot or something along those lines.

I am in the same boat there, although its usually stuff the daughters want to watch. The only things I wil watch are car shows (Top Gear, Wheeler Dealers etc) and things like The Salvager (I enjoy whatching him upcycling things that you wouldn't have thought plausible - leather headboard made from leather cut from old shoes and jackets - really effective)

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
Sorry,too busy catching up with TOWIE and MIC to read this thread earlier:whistle:.
What the hell is MIC?

I only know what TOWIE is because I had a major row with a production "runner" who tried to stop me walking down a public road when they were filming up the road from my house and he ended up with broken fingers after pushing me in the chest. Fortunately they actually filmed it, and the Police agreed that I was defending myself.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
TVdetector.jpg

Didn't warm to Dexter, though I liked Michael Hall in Six Feet Under. After a sample of Babylon 5 I avoided it for a long time despite a taste for sf. Am trying again and struggling; they say it gets a lot better. Big Brother passed me by. Never managed to see Top Gear, Red Dwarf, South Park… Don't even have a working TV anymore, but as Paul Simon sang, these are the days of miracle and wonder and netflix.
I have a deep-seated aversion to "canned laughter". I don't know where it came from. My wife and daughter watch Friends etc and I instantly jam on my headphones and turn up the volume. I know I'm missing out, but that sound really grinds my gears something horrible.

Laffs-in-a-tin makes M*A*S*H almost unwatchable to me now. I understand they silenced it during the UK run.

pinkman.jpg

Breaking Bad was hugely hyped, but I think it was justified; Vince Gilligan knows his stuff.
From what I've heard, warming to the characters isn't a Breaking Bad thing. Generally it's a question of how long you can feel sympathetic to Walter.

Walter broke irredeemably bad for me in that episode with Jane. Wasn't gaga over the finale, unlike The Sopranos, which I think did it right. Speaking of Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul shows great promise – the Onion AV club has nice writeups.
Deadwood - until last night when I watched the entire 1st Series and now have the compulsion to call everyone a c********r
I fracking loved Deadwood, which like BB starred Anna Gunn, who has good taste in acting gigs. It even featured bikes. Well, a bike. Also conversations with a decapitated head: "Suffer the low vantage."

goat.jpg

Screenshot homage to The Sopranos

and Deadwood
likeadrink11.jpg

likeadrink2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom