Twa Wee Coonties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
pickup1980

pickup1980

were would i be able to sign up for these rides
and is there any more in scotland
plus sportives.
ive signed up for the kinross sportive and possible the pedal scotland

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
were would i be able to sign up for these rides
and is there any more in scotland
plus sportives.
ive signed up for the kinross sportive and possible the pedal scotland

Details of Audax events/entries are usually on the Calendar on their website but you need to be an AUK Member to view more than 4 months ahead.

There are quite a few Audax events in Scotland, varying in distance from 100k
rolleyes.gif
, to much more
unsure.gif
- to much much more
wacko.gif
. Very few Audax Ecosse events are flat, as we tend to have hills in Scotia
thumbsup.png

For other sportives, I could recommend:

Ken Laidlaw Scottish Borders Sportive

Etape Caledonia

If you have not done it before, the Pedal for Scotland Glasgow - Edinburgh run is worth doing. However, if you have either done it before or want a better ride (or both) I'd recommend the LEPRA Edinburgh- St Andrews, which is a good step up from the PfS which, IMHO is getting a bit dangerous.

See you on one of these events sometime !
biggrin.gif

eck

Über Member
Details of Audax events/entries are usually on the Calendar on their website but you need to be an AUK Member to view more than 4 months ahead.

<snip>
scoosh is right that you have to be an AUK member to see events more than 4 months ahead (don't ask me why). But the Potter for Tea and the Snow Roads are on 14 May this year, so you'll only have to wait a couple of weeks to see. Meanwhile, if you follow the link that scoosh posted, you'll see that there are quite a few other audaxes in Scotland over the next four months.
BTW, you don't have to join AUK to ride audaxes, but there's a £2 charge for insurance if you're not covered by insurance from AUK (or CTC or BC I think).
HTH

ACS

Legendary Member
No mention of the 22nd Tour of East Lothian on the Sunday 13th February 2011.

Quick jaunt over Redstone Rig, poodle over some lumpy bits and a swift run in. If you fancy an early season challenge that is well organised, very well supported by all kinds of riders (club, Audax and CTC)and a bit of a laugh give it a whirl.

scook94

Veteran
Aye even thinking about it gets me in a sweat :ohmy: but i doubt i'd make it anyway, trying to get time of from work/family and travel involved etc, there that's my excuse in :whistle:

I'm on-call that weekend but I'll be doing my best to get a swap done, as I would hate to have that as my only excuse for not doing it.

ACS

Legendary Member
This 'eejit' planning to take a punt on the Snow Roads, but being someone that can only manage a 'stately' speed and being the world's worst climber, I'm training for a very, very long day in the saddle. :biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
This 'eejit' planning to take a punt on the Snow Roads, but being someone that can only manage a 'stately' speed and being the world's worst climber, I'm training for a very, very long day in the saddle. :biggrin:

At least you're training! I've been on the bike twice since the start of December and I fell off on one of those!

Top Bottom