Twa Wee Coonties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
scook94 said:
That was me. Myself and BhoyJim were headed to the Control at the Powmill Milk Bar.

I must say, today was by far the most fun I've had on a bike to date. I loved every pedal stroke, even when the heavens opened with 10 miles to go. Got extremely wet feet! Thankfully the pink Rapha rain jacket did it's job though!

Law Hill was wonderful, loved it! We went up Hillfoots Road rather than following the High Street. Not sure if we were meant to, but when I saw that slope I decided I had to go up regardless! Thankfully both roads met up later and it was straightforward from there. (was gonna post a street view link of Hillfoots Road, but it doesn't really do it justice!)

Jim was suffering a bit toward the end though and was very grumpy when we found we'd hit the bridge at the wrong side! There were nearly punches thrown I think! Haha just kidding!

Was good to see Craig again (although no sign of Gavster that I could tell), no punctures this time!

Anyway, I'm home and showered and still on a high! Looking forward to my next Audax now, a 200k methinks...

Here's the data from the Garmin

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/35892868

Congrats Scook, good speed too and in pretty poor weather.

The video I posted earlier shows Law Hill, in the dry (to save you looking here it is again). I take you went left by the foot of the castle road; cnogratulations you've found gloom Hill, your next challenge ;-)

MrRidley

That's me not long back, by the time I've arrived home i've covered 101.8 miles, 6hrs 46 Min's my first ton :becool: but alas it doesn't feel like a proper ton, what with the train journeys in between (L'ligow-Glasgow both ways) so it just doesn't feel quite right, anyway a big thank you to Scook for carrying/waiting for me for the last 15 miles or so, as he says i was suffering, i think i we/set off too fast as we covered the first 20 miles in 1hr 10 mins, we arrived at the control and there was no one there, left knee was giving me serious pain and i don't think i had enough food/liquid intake, so lesson learned for next time, i glad i made it to the end though, it would have been easy just to chuck it, and once again a big thank you to Scook, BTW, we didn't miss the rain, for the last 10-15miles it rained constant, it was fun though.

scook94

Veteran
HLaB said:
Congrats Scook, good speed too and in pretty poor weather.

The video I posted earlier shows Law Hill, in the dry (to save you looking here it is again). I take you went left by the foot of the castle road; congratulations you've found gloom Hill, your next challenge ;-)

Ha! Yes we turned left (actually we doubled back to turn left, as can be seen if you zoom in on the map on the Garmin page) and kept on that road re-joining the route you took at the junction you see at 1:37.

So that's Gloom Hill? I thought that was road that took you up the the castle itself?

That's awesome, wait 'til I tell Eldudino! :angry:

Jim, thanks must go to you too, because if you hadn't been doing the audax today I wouldn't have come along. So glad I did. I agree the pace to the first control was way too fast, and I must take some responsibility for pushing the pace at Scotlandwell to try and catch those that overtook us while we stopped for water. Hope your knee recovers quickly! :becool:

scook94 said:
Ha! Yes we turned left (actually we doubled back to turn left, as can be seen if you zoom in on the map on the Garmin page)
So that's Gloom Hill? I thought that was road that took you up the the castle itself?

That's awesome, wait 'til I tell Eldudino! :angry:
It is the road to the castle; I meant you've found the bottom of it, the actual hill is your next challenge :becool:

MrRidley

scook94 said:
Ha! Yes we turned left (actually we doubled back to turn left, as can be seen if you zoom in on the map on the Garmin page) and kept on that road re-joining the route you took at the junction you see at 1:37.

That's awesome, wait 'til I tell Eldudino! :smile:

Jim, thanks must go to you too, because if you hadn't been doing the audax today I wouldn't have come along. So glad I did. I agree the pace to the first control was way too fast, and I must take some responsibility for pushing the pace at Scotlandwell to try and catch those that overtook us while we stopped for water. Hope your knee recovers quickly! :evil:

So we can say we've done one the hardest hills around :biggrin: no wonder i've got a sore knee :evil: BTW Steven you should have just went on, i'm sure you would've caught them at the pace you were going, see you on the next one.

bhoyjim said:
So we can say we've done one the hardest hills around :smile: no wonder i've got a sore knee :evil: BTW Steven you should have just went on, i'm sure you would've caught them at the pace you were going, see you on the next one.
Nope, see my post above, you cycled by the bottom of it :evil:

scook94

Veteran
bhoyjim said:
So we can say we've done one the hardest hills around :smile: no wonder i've got a sore knee :evil: BTW Steven you should have just went on, i'm sure you would've caught them at the pace you were going, see you on the next one.

Maybe, but today was about team effort. Wouldn't have been any point catching them if it meant dropping you in the process! :evil:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Congratulations to all :biggrin:!
We looked out the window at the rain and thought of you a few times - glad it wasn't too bad for you weather wise (pretty miserable in Edinburgh).
What's next? The Trossachs Ton? Edinburgh-St. Andrews? :smile::bicycle:

We didn't mind the :evil: too much ourselves, having done a ton too over the last couple of days with plenty of :evil: (split over two days though :biggrin:;))

T

Top Bottom