Twa Wee Coonties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrRidley

John, i'll be arriving in Linlithgow at 8.25, then heading up to Dalmeny for the start, it'll be good to see you if you can make it.

scook94

Veteran
bhoyjim said:
John, i'll be arriving in Linlithgow at 8.25, then heading up to Dalmeny for the start, it'll be good to see you if you can make it.

I'm aiming to get to Dalmeny for 09:15-09:30, see you there.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
bhoyjim said:

Jim,

I'll meet you at Linlithgow Railway station and then cycle along to Dalmeny with you.

HM1910

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Have a good day out everybody! ;)
From the various weather forecasts, it looks like the heavy rain will only arrive later on ...

T

ACS

Legendary Member
Have a good day, hope the weather holds.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Driving over FRB this morning at just the wrong time - too early to see you all crossing the bridge, too late to see you off at Dalmeny :sad:.

Hope you all had a great ride and, for those for whom it is their first Audax and possibly first 100k - easy, isn't it ? :laugh:

HonestMan1910

Über Member
scoosh said:
Driving over FRB this morning at just the wrong time - too early to see you all crossing the bridge, too late to see you off at Dalmeny :sad:.

Hope you all had a great ride and, for those for whom it is their first Audax and possibly first 100k - easy, isn't it ? :laugh:

I saw(ish) them off from Dalmeny and certainly don't look forward to their day ahead in Fife as it is looking kind of murky now.

Enjoyed my wee run from Linlithgow with Bhoyjim this morning and good to see Sccok and Pickup at the registration point.

Good luck lads.

Seamab

I was out on domestique duties for Mrs. Seamab this morning and passed a few riders approaching Powmill from Rumbling Bridge. Someone shouted "Seamab" but i couldn't make out who it was with their cycling gear on.

It had just started to drizzle slightly and there would have been a headwind from Dollar. Hope you all got back without a soaking.

Did you enjoy Law Hill?

scook94

Veteran
Seamab said:
I was out on domestique duties for Mrs. Seamab this morning and passed a few riders approaching Powmill from Rumbling Bridge. Someone shouted "Seamab" but i couldn't make out who it was with their cycling gear on.

It had just started to drizzle slightly and there would have been a headwind from Dollar. Hope you all got back without a soaking.

Did you enjoy Law Hill?

That was me. Myself and BhoyJim were headed to the Control at the Powmill Milk Bar.

I must say, today was by far the most fun I've had on a bike to date. I loved every pedal stroke, even when the heavens opened with 10 miles to go. Got extremely wet feet! Thankfully the pink Rapha rain jacket did it's job though!

Law Hill was wonderful, loved it! We went up Hillfoots Road rather than following the High Street. Not sure if we were meant to, but when I saw that slope I decided I had to go up regardless! Thankfully both roads met up later and it was straightforward from there. (was gonna post a street view link of Hillfoots Road, but it doesn't really do it justice!)

Jim was suffering a bit toward the end though and was very grumpy when we found we'd hit the bridge at the wrong side! There were nearly punches thrown I think! Haha just kidding!

Was good to see Craig again (although no sign of Gavster that I could tell), no punctures this time!

Anyway, I'm home and showered and still on a high! Looking forward to my next Audax now, a 200k methinks...

Here's the data from the Garmin

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/35892868

GAVSTER

Gavster managed to fall over last night running to get out of the rain and took a great chunk of skin from his right hand and also tw@tted his knee.

My wife said to me: "If you have this difficulty with walking should you actually be allowed on a bike."

Despite the weather I am really miffed I didn't make it.

Next time !!!

Top Bottom