Twa Wee Coonties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
bhoyjim said:
Not at all, I'd be delighted to have you in front of me all the way round :laugh: it would be a bit of practise for the Ken Laidlaw, and after we stop i shall pick your brains about your dietary plan, as i have a pound or twelve to shift myself :smile:

Well I've emailed him. Will be a good test of my new Garmin if I'm able to come along.

Dietary plan is courtesy of http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/lostart.htm
no great secret, just eat your allowance and log everything you eat and all the calories you earn through exercise.

EDIT: Of course there's nothing stopping me from coming along and just riding the route with you.

MrRidley

scook94 said:
Well I've emailed him. Will be a good test of my new Garmin if I'm able to come along.

Dietary plan is courtesy of http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/lostart.htm
no great secret, just eat your allowance and log everything you eat and all the calories you earn through exercise.

EDIT: Of course there's nothing stopping me from coming along and just riding the route with you.

That's good, it'll save me getting lost :laugh: is it a Rapha one :smile:

scook94

Veteran
If only they did one... *sigh*

No it's the Edge 500, not got maps as such and I didn't really want to pay for the privilege but you can create a course and follow a "bread crumb trail", which is really all I need. Tried it last night and it seems to work well, but then I was already familiar with my route.

scook94

Veteran
bhoyjim said:
When/if you get the go ahead, let me know and we'll meet up at the start.

Just heard from John and I'm good to go for Sunday. Was thinking of parking at the train station and cycling round to the church hall. Are you getting the train and if so what time will you be getting there at?

scook94

Veteran
So we should have -

Pickup1980
GAVSTER
BhoyJim
Myself

doing this, anyone else?

Jim I know, Pickup1980 I met at the Loch Leven ride (hopefully I'll remember you on the day, although I'm sure I'll remember the bike!), not sure if I've met Gavster yet...

scook, post again quickly, if your number of posts stays the same it'll bring dooooom!

GAVSTER

I haven't met you guys but looking forward to saying hello.

I will be riding a Dawes Galaxy with a Carradice saddlebag - slowly :-)

It'll be great to say high before you blast off into the distance. My consolation is I have got the route in my Garmin Edge 605 so I'm hoping not to get lost.

See ya tomorra - hope it's no raining then.

MrRidley

scook94 said:
Just heard from John and I'm good to go for Sunday. Was thinking of parking at the train station and cycling round to the church hall. Are you getting the train and if so what time will you be getting there at?

Going to get train to Linlithgow, and ride up from there, saves me getting 2 trains, i think it about 10-11 miles.

GAVSTER

bhoyjim said:
Going to get train to Linlithgow, and ride up from there, saves me getting 2 trains, i think it about 10-11 miles.

I live on the Fife side of bridge so I will be cycling over the bridge to the start and then over and back and over again.

Thinking about that more worried about wind now !

HonestMan1910

Über Member
bhoyjim said:

Jim,

What time will you be in Linlithgow, could join you for a wee run across to Fife.

Top Bottom