Twist grip to trigger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DEFENDER01

Über Member
Following on from my earlier post which i believe was my first one here as a member.

I have a hard tail mountain bike which has Shimano Revoshift gear changing.

I have got use to them and didn't have a problem until recently i have found as i suffer from dry hands and use E45 cream makes changing a bit more hit and miss.
Went to my L.B.C which are very good and helpful they suggest changing the right hand shifter to triggers.
As i rarely use the front chain set i tend to leave that in the center chain ring so leave that as it is

They said they could supply a shimano trigger shifter and fit it for me while i done some shopping in town for £25,00 is this a done deal sounds quite good to me what are your thoughts.:rolleyes:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Sounds fair. Shimano Altus shifter is £15 or so, plus half hours time to fit. It's any easy job to do yourself if you fancy it.

OP
OP
DEFENDER01

DEFENDER01

Über Member
Sounds fair. Shimano Altus shifter is £15 or so, plus half hours time to fit. It's any easy job to do yourself if you fancy it.
I bought a couple of Shimano trigger shifters (3x9) secondhand ( but hardly used) for £20 to change from grip shift for my 'bent - so I'd go for their offer.
Thanks for you advice cycle booked in for tomorrow pm.
My ride back should be different to my ride there.;)

OP
OP
DEFENDER01

DEFENDER01

Über Member
if your sure that includes labour then yeah , its a good price
He said £19.75 + fitting but may not charge fitting.
Anyway i would be happy with his original figure.
They are a very good L.B.S my son was doing a sponsored cycle ride which passed through here and had had a problem with his cycle which was serviced in London where he lives.
I called this cycle shop and they said take it to them they sorted out the problem with no charge as it was a charity cycle run.
It turned out that the problem was caused by the service not being done correctly.

OP
OP
DEFENDER01

DEFENDER01

Über Member
sounds like the type of place you want to use and help keep open
Sure does job done while i did a bit of shopping shame there was a chip shop next door which seemed to pull me in like a magnet.
Anyway went back got bike £19.99 total cost cant complain at that.
Had a nice ride home gears have never changed so nicely. :smile:

Top Bottom