Twitchy rear end

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

Biker man

A couple of others have suggested it but what tyre pressures are you running?
Can't remember off hand but I have Tannus armour fitted in the rear so lower pressure than if without.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi thanks for sharing your photos and info hope your friend is ok keep safe.
She had a difficult year of recovery but that was several years ago. She got back on her bike quicker than the consultant thought she could. She is currently touring France and Spain.

Seeing what happened to her certainly made me pay more attention to kerbs and rails!

OP
OP
B

Biker man

A couple of others have suggested it but what tyre pressures are you running?
Can't remember off hand but I have Tannus armour fitted in the rear so lower pressure than if without.
She had a difficult year of recovery but that was several years ago. She got back on her bike quicker than the consultant thought she could. She is currently touring France and Spain.

Seeing what happened to her certainly made me pay more attention to kerbs and rails!

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Yes it pays to be careful I find that impatient motorists makes want to get out of the way been pushed into potholes and all sorts .When I was living in Cambridgeshire between Wisbech and March a white van would come behind and blast his horn for no reason did it quite a few times.

ColinJ

Looking at your photo of the road if traffic is behind you that would be difficult to cross .there is a ford in a place called world's end near Llangollen no end of cyclists have come off there and once saw a motor bike come off I walk through or on some stones wet feet are better than broken bones .
Oh yes... Watch out for fords too!

I only tried riding through one once on my road bike and crashed. I always walk them now if they are the cobbled type, which many round here are. I might risk a shallow one with a tarmac or concrete surface but even then slimy moss can make them slippery.

ColinJ

I forgot to mention that when my friend was lying in the road waiting for an ambulance, the Swiss locals looking after her told her that similar accidents were happening every few weeks on that crossing! :eek:

OP
OP
B

Biker man

No lower cushions the ride .

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Fair enough. Just seems odd that type of lip is causing a fall.

If you want to decrease twitchyness of the bike you could always opt for some wider bars.
Its just the rear end nearly came a cropper on a wet road when a pedestrian on their mobile walked out in front of me .

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Looking at your photo of the road if traffic is behind you that would be difficult to cross .there is a ford in a place called world's end near Llangollen no end of cyclists have come off there and once saw a motor bike come off I walk through or on some stones wet feet are better than broken bones .
If there is any traffic I stop before the crossing and wait until the road is empty (it's not busy* - this is Northumberland :smile:) then ride to the other side of the road so that I can cycle across the lines at right angles. Same applies if the gates are down and there are vehicles waiting, I let them clear and then do as above. BTW the crossing is actually on NCN1.
* But lots of trains at very high speeds!

Top Bottom