Two Capitals Dunfermline (Sunday 17th June)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Done this event around 4 times, not a huge cycle so for all levels really, i cycled back home afterwards last year to make it a little more challenging.

Starts at 12.30pm in Dunfermline Glen on Sunday 17th June, finish is in Victoria Park, Edinburgh, Around 21 or so miles iirc, Riders have the choice to raise money for charity also. If the 21 miles is more than enough you can pay £4 to have yourself and bike taken back to Dunfermline Glen.

More details and sign up can be found here

http://www.twocapitals.org/index.php

edindave

Über Member
Might be up for that but it's the day after the Highland Perthshire Challenge which I've already pencilled in the diary so will see nearer the time. http://cairnomountchallenge.org.uk/highland-perthshire-challenge/

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Might be up for that but it's the day after the Highland Perthshire Challenge which I've already pencilled in the diary so will see nearer the time. http://cairnomountchallenge.org.uk/highland-perthshire-challenge/

I wanted to do that one last year, said to myself i would do it this year then i find out its the day before the two capital cycle :sad:

I helped the organiser of two capitals with photos so i have free entry and i have done it 4 out of the last 5 years so i think it will just be the two capital cycle for me :sad: Was looking forward to doing the highland one aswell :sad:

Hardrock93

Guru
This was the first time I’d participated in the Two Capitals Cycle Ride and what a very enjoyable event it was. About 300 people of all cycling abilities attended, with the majority on mountain bikes or hybrids. The weather was a bit damp but everyone had a great time and the return route featured some of Edinburgh’s excellent off road cycle paths; a first for me. Well done to organiser Allan Prentice, his team of volunteers and the Gold Wing mounted marshals from the Scotia Wings club. Highly recommended.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
This was the first time I’d participated in the Two Capitals Cycle Ride and what a very enjoyable event it was. About 300 people of all cycling abilities attended, with the majority on mountain bikes or hybrids. The weather was a bit damp but everyone had a great time and the return route featured some of Edinburgh’s excellent off road cycle paths; a first for me. Well done to organiser Allan Prentice, his team of volunteers and the Gold Wing mounted marshals from the Scotia Wings club. Highly recommended.

Weather wasnt the best but still enjoyed myself, I got slightly lost on the way back as we failed to see the barton turn off on the route 1 path :laugh:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Saw a few, mainly family/hybrid/MTB groups as they entered Viccy Park yesterday (around 1530).

I was having a walk and had had some very heavy rain :rain: :rain: in the preceding 30 mins, so was surprised at how 'unwet' many of the participants appeared. Quite a fewlot were walking up Craighall Road (the wee hill just before the finish). :ohmy:

Chapeau to those who completed the ride ! :bravo:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Saw a few, mainly family/hybrid/MTB groups as they entered Viccy Park yesterday (around 1530).

I was having a walk and had had some very heavy rain :rain: :rain: in the preceding 30 mins, so was surprised at how 'unwet' many of the participants appeared. Quite a fewlot were walking up Craighall Road (the wee hill just before the finish). :ohmy:

Chapeau to those who completed the ride ! :bravo:

Me and another guy finished around 10th and 11th in the ride and that was about 2, we left for cragie's about 2.45, just as the heaviest of the rain came on :rain:

fimm

Veteran
We saw participants in this going over the Forth Road Bridge, including quite a small child on a tag-along. :thumbsup:
Weather was a bit mixed for it...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I saw a Tag-Along too - the young lass on the back had a very mud-splattered face, as there was no mudguard on the bike ... :rolleyes:

Some people, eh ? :headshake:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Done this event around 4 times, not a huge cycle so for all levels really, i cycled back home afterwards last year to make it a little more challenging.

Starts at 12.30pm in Dunfermline Glen on Sunday 17th June, finish is in Victoria Park, Edinburgh, Around 21 or so miles iirc, Riders have the choice to raise money for charity also. If the 21 miles is more than enough you can pay £4 to have yourself and bike taken back to Dunfermline Glen.

More details and sign up can be found here

http://www.twocapitals.org/index.php

do they do this event every year?

Top Bottom