Two Days on Marathon Winters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for the post, I have just ordered a Winter for 20" rear trike wheel to replace the Big Apple. How easy are they to get on, say compared to a Marathon Plus ATB or similar?
Nigel

Where did you get them from?

I would be interested in a set of 406 "Winters"

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Lightweight.

Guilty as charged:biggrin:, I like an easy life.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've got some other studded tyres (Schwalbe Snow Studs). I expect them to last for a very long time- although I've got a spare set of wheels so I only use them when necessary, likely only a few days per year.

My Snow studs go on a 'spare' MTB and I take a different route to work. Flippin slow on tarmac though....

trickletreat

Veteran
Where did you get them from?

I would be interested in a set of 406 "Winters"

Sorry for not replying sooner. I phoned Schwalbe uk to see if they were available first, they told me to order them from lbs [RedKite cycles in Solihull]. If I had any probs they said to tell the lbs to tell the supplier that they would be included in an order directly from Schwalbe, and to go ahead and take the order. They haven't arrived as yet, but i have been told that the order was accepted. I will let you know how I get on.

Sorry for not replying sooner. I phoned Schwalbe uk to see if they were available first, they told me to order them from lbs [RedKite cycles in Solihull]. If I had any probs they said to tell the lbs to tell the supplier that they would be included in an order directly from Schwalbe, and to go ahead and take the order. They haven't arrived as yet, but i have been told that the order was accepted. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks - Dotbike have been very helpful, bit they were told that there was a minimum order of 25!

potsy

Rambler
Just read this prediction http://www.telegraph...it-Britain.html <smug>so glad I bought my tyres at the end of last winter!</smug>

Great
sad.gif

sunnyjim

Thanks - Dotbike have been very helpful, bit they were told that there was a minimum order of 25!

I'd commit to one or even 2 406's to make up numbers - any more?

trickletreat

Veteran
I'd commit to one or even 2 406's to make up numbers - any more?

Quick update...I again spoke to schwalbe uk today, and they confirmed that the tyres come in as bales of 25, which go to wharehouses that have ordered them. I have phoned one of these who have confirmed that they have stock. They will call me back once they have spoken to my local rep, so that I may order directly from an lbs that they supply.

Schwalbe advised that there are no stock issues with the 20", and 50 are due in, but there are issues with the 26'', with 2000 on back order.

trickletreat

Veteran
Silly question but do they have punture resistance as per mararthon/plus??

Regards

Simon

I doubt it, if you visit your local stockist, they normally have a sample display showing all the tyres. There is a huge range of profiles, and I am sure it is just marathon + and marathon+mtb and the marathon + tour tyres that have the puncture resistant gel layer.

The Eighth Man

What are they like to ride on? ( I usually skid and slide on normal 700c tyres) I really like the idea of these tyres as a lot of the roads I use are not salted. Can you really ride on ice without worry?

Top Bottom