Two funny stories I heard tonight!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
1) My GF's dad was at the funeral of one of his aged relatives recently; he had his satnav in his pocket but had forgotten to switch it off. Just as the pall bearers brought the coffin down the aisle of the church, his satnav loudly said, "You have reached your final destination".

2) A friend said she went to visit a couple who have recently moved house. They said, "The place is such a state! We really need to redecorate the whole thing". As my friend walked around the house, she said, "You know, it's not too bad actually". Then she walked in the the living room and said, "Ah! I see what you mean. I looks like someone has vomited flowers all over the walls!" There was then an uncomfortable pause, after which the lady of the house tersely said, "This is the only room we've redecorated so far!"

Sam Kennedy

:tongue:

OP
OP
XmisterIS

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
sheddy said:
(pedant mode on) sorry but satnavs say "You have reached your destination".

Well, it was told to me in a bar, with music blaring, everyone having a good time, hence I may not have remembered it with computer-like accuracy! ;)

Your comment reminds me of an anecdote regarding the mathematician Charles Babbage, who reportedly wrote to a poet to inform him that one word in one line of one of his poems was factually innacurate ... :biggrin:

XmisterIS said:
Well, it was told to me in a bar, with music blaring, everyone having a good time, hence I may not have remembered it with computer-like accuracy! ;)

Your comment reminds me of an anecdote regarding the mathematician Charles Babbage, who reportedly wrote to a poet to inform him that one word in one line of one of his poems was factually innacurate ... :biggrin:

S'pose you heard that in a car as well? You must think we're muppets....:biggrin:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Good stories both. The second one reminds me of a peach lately, from my own dear better half...out at a local leisure centre enjoying a good badminton sesh with sprog#2, got talking with the trainer afterwards and said it was a shame that sprog#1, who used to enjoy badminto, no longer played it because the guy who ran it at her school was apparently such a prat. You'll never guess what the trainer's day job turned out to be...

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
[quote name='swee'pea99']Good stories both. The second one reminds me of a peach lately, from my own dear better half...out at a local leisure centre enjoying a good badminton sesh with sprog#2, got talking with the trainer afterwards and said it was a shame that sprog#1, who used to enjoy badminto, no longer played it because the guy who ran it at her school was apparently such a prat. You'll never guess what the trainer's day job turned out to be...[/QUOTE]

:sad: :biggrin: ;)

Top Bottom