Twonk of the year 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Having started a thread about aberrations of the cycling mind on a previous occasion, I thought it would be fun to begin this year by, once again, self-nominating. (In the full expectation that someone will surpass it. :whistle:)
On the way back from Felixstowe this morning, I became a little concerned. I realised I couldn't remember going the other way, or what I was thinking then that so occupied my mind, it meant I would fail to recall anything.

It took me about a minute: I'd taken a different route to Felixstowe ...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I cycled round to my local Lidl today. I normally lock my bike at the back of the trolley bay but there was a dog tied up in that place today (a nice friendly dog, not the biting yappy mutts that tried to feast on my calf muscles last time I had a dog problem there!) so I locked the bike to another part of the bay instead.

I went in and did my shopping, then returned to find that my bike had been stolen! :eek:

I was about to freak out when I realised that the empty space I was staring at was right next to a woman who was smoking a cigarette and seemed to think that I was staring at her so I hastily looked away and wandered round the side of the trolley bay to consider what to do next. I was standing next to my bike for about 10 seconds before I realised that it was THERE that I had locked it up, rather than the front of the bay! :wacko:

I was obviously relieved to find my bike where I had actually left it, but even more grateful that I hadn't run over to 2 nearby police officers*** to report its 'theft'!

*** When did it become fun to be arrested for shop-lifting? There was a police van in front of the trolley bay and the 2 policemen were laughing and joking with a youth as they locked him in the back. He looked like he didn't have a care in the world and was enjoying the experience ... :whistle:

snorri

Legendary Member
I took out my Trek hybrid last week for its first outing in 2018. In fact it hadn't been out for sometime due to a few minor problems which I eventually got round to fixing before Christmas. It was a lovely day for January, man and machine were working well together as the computer proved. As I approached home it was very satisfying to see the mileage covered was a little more than I had hoped for, all good!
As I pushed the bike into its usual parking place at home I had another look at the Cateye and the truth dawned, after changing the Cateye battery I had mistakenly calibrated the device in kilometres instead of my usual miles.................................ach well, it was a good feeling while it lasted^_^.

Top Bottom