Tyler's book

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
One way to find out about this is just to call up Lance and ask him I guess:
655507544.png

lukesdad

Won't be buying it myself.

thom

____
Ok, some other points:

1) Regarding Jens, on a comeback race in the US, Tyler tried to talk to Jens but was ignored
"I waited, not quite able to absorb it. Then, shaking my head in sadness, I rode away. I tried not to take it personally. Maybe Jens was just afraid of being associated with me. Maybe I was an unwelcome reminder of what might happen to him if he got popped. Maybe it's just the way the brotherhood works. You're in or you're out. No in between."
The line about getting popped looks an implication but at the same time, through the book there is talk of within teams there being an A team and a B team. Being on a B team could mean you avoid being in it yourself. Who knows ?

2) Rich P, in answer to your query re. Cancellara, when Hamilton left USPostal for CSC, he says Bjarne Riis introduced him to Fuentes, (Operation Puerto) and an Italian trainer, Luigi Cecchini. Cecco was independently wealthy and didn't take payment for working with clients and TH claims he thought riders doped far too much. Cecco thought a rider needed to:
a) be very fit
b) be very skinny
c) have a high hematocrit
Point c) he "regretted" but he did not get involved with the "dark side"
Cecco's client list is quoted as including:
Ullrich, Pantani, Bugno, Bartoli, Petacchi, Cipollini, Cancellara, Casagrande and previously Riis.
The claim really is that Cecco offered training plans with no doping.
However, TH states about Ullrich's comeback from doping:
"He was spending time in Lucca, working with my trainer, Cecco. Like others, I presumed this meant that Ullrich was also working with Ufe - which Ufe soon confirmed." (Ufe = Eufemiano Fuentes).

3) A line about Lance by TH's ex wife :
"Lance is Donald Trump. He might own all of Manhattan, but if there's one tiny corner grocery store out there without his name on it, it drives him crazy".

Would I recommend it ? Well to be honest, most of the revelatory stories have already retold from the book, so what you get are the unpleasant descriptions of some of the mechanics of doping and the story of the relationships of the various protagonists (the human interest side of it), all told in a journalistic easily readable style. That is going to irk you more or less contingent on your personal taste for these characters. Myself, I think it's interesting that even Novitsky kind of has empathy with the athletes he was prosecuting for doping, at least that's what TH claims.
This is perhaps the closest indication of USADA's evidence so far. It is claimed towards the end of the book that one of the problems for Novitsky (and presumably USADA) was the sheer volume of evidence, not only from a wide collection of riders but the whole support crew.
I think it will only be a week or so before USADA produce their case file and we can all see.

Edit:
Oh yes, even Ferrari had thoughts that Lance's steroid usage was the cause of his Cancer.

thom

____
Phillipe/Motoman, in March:

proxy.jpg

Who's that in the background ?

2ch5daa.jpg

Top Bottom