Typos and mis-spellings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
Say sorry then. :biggrin::thumbsup:

simoncc

I visited a large Royal Mail sorting office for work reasons a couple of times before Christmas. The place was festooned with notices containing all sorts of spelling errors. One notice asked staff to nominate their workplace hero or heroin of 2007. Another told me that one of the prizes in a draw was 2 bottle's of shampagne.

Dave5N

Über Member
That'll explain why we get random deliveries of mail intended for any local house with the same number, regardless of the street.

S'not just us then? We happen to know the people in the next street with the same number as us and I reckon we swap 5 items each a week. Lord knows what else goes missing.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
simoncc said:
I visited a large Royal Mail sorting office for work reasons a couple of times before Christmas. The place was festooned with notices containing all sorts of spelling errors. One notice asked staff to nominate their workplace hero or heroin of 2007. Another told me that one of the prizes in a draw was 2 bottle's of shampagne.

Heroin and shampagne?:biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
simoncc said:

To be fair, that last one might just have been a subtle warning that it wasn't real champagne...

Although, I doubt it...

BTW, is "bottle's" (sic), or do I get to look superior at you...?

Pete

Dayvo said:
Seem to remember that he wasn't very successful at water skiing!
mr_hippo said:
I always wanted to try water-skiing but could never find a downhill lake.
I think the story was, that he went waterskiing and overran his speedboat, causing the propellor to claim a few of his 'appendages'. Put an end to his Middlesex and England career as an off-spinner.

Top Bottom