Tyre confusion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey,

I've recently looked into using my dads old BSA Javelin as a road bike, it's in good nic, needs some new tyres though. The side wall is only just readable, but I think it says 26 x 1.5 Which seems reasonable. But after looking on Evans cycles, I can't seem to find a tyre.

So I googled the bike, and couldn't find any specs. So I've decided to ask the good people of cycle chat as I've really ran out of ideas.

I need a definite size of tyre for the Javelin because it's bugging me and I need to find a place that sells them rather cheaply as I'm only using this bike as I can't afford a new bike right now.

Cheers, Adam

hubgearfreak

Über Member
iAmiAdam said:
I think it says 26 x 1.5 Which seems reasonable. But after looking on Evans cycles, I can't seem to find a tyre.

does it say x 1.5 or x 1 1/2? because the two aren't interchangeable.

anyhow, have a very close look. see if there's a number such as 590, 584 or 559 on there. when you've found that (ertro) number, you'll find a good selection at sjsc

to clear it up further, you should read sheldonbrown

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
I have never had any problem with SJS. In fact they are one of the very few retailers in the country which stock quite a bit of vintage bike compatible parts, and as such I find them worthy of support.

Top Bottom