Tyre Damage - my fault?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
After changing the tyre (Vittoria corsa) for the first time yesterday, discovered a bleb in it today.

On closer inspection there's a tear closer to the bead and it's completely borked*

The tyre was very tight to the rim; I don't know if the tear predated the tyre change or not but it seems a bit of a coincidence.

So, what's the verdict: defect or my fault? If the latter, how to avoid?

I've never had a tyre do this before.

* approved technical term

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The tyre looks old to me, or UV damaged. I've used these Vittoria's in the past with the cotton casings - great tyres, but they look past it.

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Hmm, part of me wants to say that there has been some brake rub around the bottom of that tyre.

Understand where you're coming from but definitely not. Only possible damage is tyre levers wielded by my good self. Its such damage possible from a tyre lever?

si_c

Guru
Understand where you're coming from but definitely not. Only possible damage is tyre levers wielded by my good self. Its such damage possible from a tyre lever?
Honestly, I have no idea, it has to be possible, but is it likely? Unless you're properly ham fisted, then I think it improbable.

Edit to add: I think 1600mi is not a reasonable figure for what is a >£50 tyre, I'd contact the retailer to whinge.

Top Bottom