Tyre Failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NealM

Hi All

See photo attached of my tyre after a ride on Thursday last week . . This tyre has covered approx. 2,300 miles, and although it's suffered on some roads, I don't suppose it's any worse than the vast majority of tyres go though..

My question is :
Is this actually a tyre failure ?? or is this kind of impact induced weakening of the rubber something that I have to accept as "par for the course" .??

Tyre is a "Specialized Nimbus Flak Jacket"

Thanks

Attachments

• Bike Tyre.jpg
    Bike Tyre.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 57

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's done 2300 miles, so worn. Show a tread shot as well. It's a failure of the carcase, but given the mileage, I'd not expect it to last lots longer.

Just accept it - how old is the tyre ?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Specialized tyres are well known for de-laminating after a while. Not all of them mind, they seem to come in batches.
Once the tyres does start going, they go rather quickly.

As Fossy said, with your mileage, that's pretty much wear and tear.

OP
OP
NealM

NealM

Thanks for the replies . .

Tyre is only a year old. . Sorry didn't get a photo of the tyre tread, but there was a visible mark on the tyre at the point of failure. . .

I guess running it over some of today's road surfaces (read "atrocious surfaces"), this was to be expected . .

I was just curious to get people's thoughts on what they would consider to be a reasonable "tyre life".. The tyre actually looks to be in really good condition both in terms of remaining tread and physical condition of the material (apart from the obvious !! )...

Top Bottom