Tyre Glider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Wot, buy some - ? Why not just re-use the wee bottles that complimentary shower gel, shampoo etc. come in at so many hotels and so on - ? :okay:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
tried it on another tyre and seems to work ok

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Big thank you. Gave it a try and opened up and refitted a GatorSkin in seconds, with almost Zero chance of pinching the inner tube. Impressive.

Glad I bough one for each of my on bike kits. Should have bought a third for the home kit and saved a few more seconds^_^

Daninplymouth

I bought one and struggled at first thinking the lip of my rim was too thick. However with a little playing around and getting the angle right it slips on and fits the tyres easily, I have used on gp5000s which are usually pretty awkward

CXRAndy

Guru
Just to let this thread know, sadly the original poster @boxers passed away in March.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well it took a while between purchasing the Tyre Glider and actually using it. But WOW, it works brilliantly well. Instead of wrestling the tyre on a rim whilst stripping the prints from your fingers in the process, the simple bit of plastic did the job in seconds.
What a lovely little bit of kit.
I haven't tried one so I don't know how good they are, but I will suggest that a couple of friends with arthritic fingers try them.

Having said that... Wouldn't it be nice if rim and tyre manufacturers would come up with rims and tyres that were consistently easy to use together!?

I have had some combinations that almost made my hands bleed and took me 30 minutes to get the tyre on or off.

The combination I worked with this evening was so good that I managed tyre removing and replacing pretty easily with bare hands. (Michelin Lithion tyres on Mavic Aksium rims.)

Top Bottom