Tyre Glider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Has anyone else got one of these tools. Mine has just arrived. I tested it. Less than a minute to remove and reinstall a 28mm maxxis refuse road tyre, yes pre-stretched but still cold and tight. That's a few minutes after receiving it and no practice attempts.

Wow. Where has this been all my life. Quality plastics have been used by the feel of it. I doubt this will be breaking any time soon. £10 + p&p, order more than one for the same postage afaict. I'm buying my brothers one each.

IMO on a scale of 1-10 this is a 15

Tyre Glider

E.T.A.
I have no association with this company or product other than having purchased one of the levers.

Attachments

• 20220122_130007.jpg
    20220122_130007.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 45

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Report back when you've got it.
Hopefully I won't have to :okay:

simongt

Guru
There's a prize for the first person to fit a Marathon Plus with one.
As a backup, I carry a pair of Topeak steel tyre levers; have to be sure with Marathons - !
But having said that, Marathons are easy enough to get on & off the rims on my Super Galaxy :okay:, but the Schwalbe Delta Cruisers on my Fox are pretty tricky. :whistle:

Dag Hammar

There's a prize for the first person to fit a Marathon Plus with one. We'll all club together to pay for surgery on your broken hand.
Don’t say things like that…… I have two brand new Marathon Plus tyres awaiting fitting, 26 x 1.75.
I am going to wait for a really sunny day and put them in the sunshine for a couple of hours to soften up and then have a go at fitting them. In the past I have successfully fitted M+ sized 27 x1.25 on an older bike using only my hands and tyre levers. I must add that I am tempted to buy one of these Tyre Gliders, the price seems reasonable but the postage charge does not.

Dag Hammar

Thank you Smokin Joe, for the info and the link. That may well tempt me to make a purchase.
I have this nagging doubt that one day soon I’ll attempt to fit my new tyres and then come unstuck and wish I had a Tyre Glider 😅.

Top Bottom